We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Transporting Fish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I am adding aerial fishing to my act and I was wanting to know how everybody else transported their fish from their house to the show. I thought about a minnow bucket but that is to big I am looking for something compact. any help would be great. thanks
Alexo
View Profile
Regular user
Long Island, NY
112 Posts

Profile of Alexo
I use a betta fish in my act and I just use the little plastic cup he was in when I bought him to transport him. It's basically a hard plastic tuperware cup with tiny holes in the top. The holes are small enough to let air in but the water surface tension keeps most of it in if knocked over.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Thanks for the letting me know.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
What type of fish and how long you plan to be out would determine how much water you should have for transport.
Some have bought battery air pumps. Maybe an Oxygen stone would be enough.
Water temp may or may not be a factor depending on the type of fish and the season.
Goldfish are hardy and can take a swing. But they heat up O2 in teh water fast. They should be fine in a large tupperware container. A battery bubbler would ensure they go for hours on the road. One could rig up a water sealed version in a cooler.

Tip- keep your show water in the same area so they can mess in the transport water not in the show water.

The key is is the O2 and a constant temp.

I found fish to be more work if truly trying to give them a long happy life.
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
I usually transport 2 or 3 fish in a normal small bottle of water with small holes on top of the cap... maybe it's a little cruel for the fish babies to do that... I'm also looking for a better solution...
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
241 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
I would use a small minnow bucket from bass pro to transport fish to the show in.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just came back from Wal-Mart, they must have been reading this thread, as they are not carrying a Fish Carrier container. It is clear plastic, and the top is colored plastic. The top has a lot of slots to permit air. It looks as the slits are so thin as to prevent the water from splashing out easily during carrying around. It is about 6x3x7, not a bad size to carry around a few fish.
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
241 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Wmhegbli, what department did you find the container in at Walmart?
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
Whatever container you decide to use, place it into a small cool box (the type you use for holding drinks and sandwiches on a picnic) I find this sturdy case adds protection and keeps the fish at a constant temp.

I have had my for this trick for over 3 years and he is still going strong!

Regards
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-05-08 19:50, Red Neck Magician wrote:
Wmhegbli what department did you find the container in at Walmart?

In the fish department or pet department. They sell fish at Wal-Mart in one corner of the store. They sell dog, cat, wild animal, bird food, treats, etc. That is where the fish are also. They sell fish tanks, and on a shelf, they have the little carrier.

I did not shop on the internet Wal-Mart store, but went in person. "They are rolling back prices" and it is my favorite store for food and necessities.
magicofdru
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of magicofdru
I would use a Betta fish for any fish production, as Betta fish can survive being in extremely small places, as well as being able to breathe air directly. They won't like it, but Betta's can survive a very short amount of time (i.e. less than 0.5 hr ) with a sopping wet paper towel etc. http://www.bettatalk.com/evacuating_with_bettas.htm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Transporting Fish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL