The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Poorley Wabbit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi all,

Hoping for a little advice. My GF has a Dwaf Lop and it seems to be "sick". It hasn't eated for a coupe of days apparently and is currently hiding under the hutch.

She seems to be comfortable however when she comes out for water she is limping on her front right paw, and seems disinclined to walk too fast or to jump. Also she is a little grouchy if we try to pet her?

Any helpful advice. We were going to take her to the Vet but it is closed, so some useful info in the mean time would be good.

Thanks in advance

Liam
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Not a belief - An Experience!
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
See a vet
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi there,

Sorry this was 4 days ago now, we have seen a vet the next day and little bonnie is on meds and doing well I'm told.
thanks
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
Liam. I hope all is well with the bunny. What was the diagnosis?

Regan
Mister Mystery
WKM
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester Uk
138 Posts

Profile of WKM
Hi Regan

She has Head Tilt, which is either caused by a parasitic worm or an ear infection. So she has had her ears cleaned out, there was a small infection, and is on steriods, antibiotics and wormer.

Apparently the main symptoms are the Head Tilted to one side (Obviously that's where the name comes from) and the eyes moving rapidly side to side.

The Rapid eye movements have ceased now, which is a good sign.

The head tilt may or may not go away, we hope that it does, however many rabbits are able to live a full life with a tilted head, as long as it is that way for no reason so to speak.

We hope for a full and swift recovery.
Liam Ball MMC

www.w-k-m.co.uk

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5711 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks Liam. That is good information to know. Good luck! I hope for a full recovery too!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Please keep us up to date. It will be good to use for future members having the same problem.
mysterious JO
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of mysterious JO
My rabbit had a head tilt for a while which we took her to the vet for she became lethargic and was syringe fed the vet took xrays and nothing was noticed she got some shots and she started to perk up and come around then 1 month later she was at it again! took her to another vet and when he xrayd her he noticed a black area he ruled out blockage for she was on hair ball stuff and finally he came back with her intestines were intertwined! and eventually put down even on vet recomended feeding etc. my friends rabbit has a hurt paw due to the bars in the cage! sore hocks I think she called it! when she placed a grass mat in there which was editable for them the rabbit's painful paws went away! another thing to watch out for is FLY STRIKE which can get to rabbits and sometimes cause death! look out for poopy rumps and unwanted flies around the cage!
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
I, too, have dealt with "head tilt", on several occasions, due to the fact that I raise/breed rabbits. I had one rabbit that fully recovered, after a regimine of antibiotics. Another rabbit improved in health, but the head never completely straightened up. He lived (and reproduced) for a long time after that. A third case, however didn't have a happy ending. After having this rabbit on the antibiotics for a couple weeks, she seemed to get worse. After checking her again, the vet said that she had an intestinal parasite, that could not be dealt with. That rabbit has to be put down.
mysterious JO
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of mysterious JO
Its sad when you lose a pet! they become family! I miss my rabbit! she was awesome! now I got a mini rex and he is soooo loving but a little rambunctious when I go in the cage he wants me to pet him constantly! and when I put fresh hay and foood oh man look out he is like a charging bull lol its like give me that food I want it now attitude!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Poorley Wabbit (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL