The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for best wand gag.. Any ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Looking for two seperate wand gags:

First:

Which is the best on the market as a full SUPER FUNNY NON STOP LAUGHING ROUTINE?

Second:

Which would you recommend that is super small for my small pocket show (best wobble wand?)
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
The best, by far, is Bigger Wands by Creative Magic, which gets kids riled up, is memorable, and offers great photo ops (and packs fairly flat - I don't have Biggest Wand, which looks like a little bit of a pain involving pumps, but the other ones are great). Otherwise, the Good 'Ole Breakaway seems to do the trick . . .

Todd
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
353 Posts

Profile of magicone
Todd,

Be sure to get the "Biggest Wand" during Creative's upcoming sale. I just purchased one and used it at a school show for around 200 children.

They went absolutely NUTS Smile

Definitely a must have!

David
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Popaway wand - it's the comedy of not seeing what's going on that works; rather than the wand itself. Just small enough to fit in my suitcase (18" ish) but worth the hassle of carrying to every show.

Also silver sceptre (miss behaving wand) always my opener.

You should get both for less than $30
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
ya4davecox
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
124 Posts

Profile of ya4davecox
The Topsy Popsy wand is a gold mine. Basically a black tube with white ends. The ends pop off and fly into the audience, across the stage, wherever you aim them. And you can get pretty good at aiming it. Danger of putting out an eye? Sure. But it's certainly fun until then.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I prefer Silly Billy's Silly wand to both the breakaway and the popsy wand. It's simple but versatile. It comes with a whole heap of gags and you can be original and add a lot of your own. I get 14 laughs out of mine!

It fits the second criteria, too!
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Without a doubt you can get a great reaction from any of the above mentioned wands I actually use Silly Billys feather duster wand and the nest of wands in addition to the one's mentioned above in my show. I use the Different wands throughout the show as a running Gag.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I still love the old standard, Break-Away-Wand. The Flipple Tipple Wand is great too!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
728 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I've never tried the bigger wands yet, sounds like they go over really well. Currently I use a break away wand, Rutt's wand to snake, which goes over great, and an exploding wand.
Bob.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-06-01 06:19, magicgeorge wrote:
I prefer Silly Billy's Silly wand to both the breakaway and the popsy wand. It's simple but versatile. It comes with a whole heap of gags and you can be original and add a lot of your own. I get 14 laughs out of mine!

It fits the second criteria, too!

Ahh.. 14 laughs... We have a laugh counter among us... Silly Billy book follows this very good rule.. I will check it out thanks!
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-05-31 23:09, Mumblemore wrote:
The best, by far, is Bigger Wands by Creative Magic, which gets kids riled up, is memorable, and offers great photo ops (and packs fairly flat - I don't have Biggest Wand, which looks like a little bit of a pain involving pumps, but the other ones are great). Otherwise, the Good 'Ole Breakaway seems to do the trick . . .

Todd

here is a youtube video of someone using this!

Looks great.. Simple but funny as heck!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R9rfCryb-A
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Quote:
On 2009-06-01 00:02, magicone wrote:
Todd,

Be sure to get the "Biggest Wand" during Creative's upcoming sale. I just purchased one and used it at a school show for around 200 children.

They went absolutely NUTS Smile

Definitely a must have!

David

I am not sure this wand would go good in the living room shows..

I am buying my set on June 24! The big discount day they are having..
jackturk
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of jackturk
Just a thought... why settle for ONE wand gag?
Why not string 2 or 3 silly wand props together?

I use a breakaway wand, spring wand, and multiplying
wands one right after the other and it gets a
great response.

--Jack
"59 Ways To Recession Proof Your Entertainment Business -- FREE!"
http://www.GetLeadsLikeCrazy.com

"How To Make $25,000 a Year Doing Birthday Parties Part-Time"
http://www.magicmarketingcenter.com/birthdayPT
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Wouldn't it be great if someone made a variety of gag wands that looked identical but were differently gimmicked?

So instead of substituting one gag wand after another, it looked like the same wand?

You could do the breakaway wand and try to fix it but you substitute a tipple topple wand and it is still not quite right and then it becomes a pop away wand. You appear to fix it and put it away, but it shoots out. You catch it and do a silver sceptre with it. And it all looks like the same wand.

I think that would be cool.
magicone
View Profile
Veteran user
Doylestown, PA
353 Posts

Profile of magicone
[/quote]

I am not sure this wand would go good in the living room shows..

I am buying my set on June 24! The big discount day they are having..
[/quote]

I don't use the "Biggest Wand" in my home shows, you are right it is too big and inflating it makes a lot of noise Smile
WayneNZ
View Profile
Special user
New Zealand
965 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Quote:
On 2009-06-04 15:14, 0pus wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if someone made a variety of gag wands that looked identical but were differently gimmicked?

So instead of substituting one gag wand after another, it looked like the same wand?

You could do the breakaway wand and try to fix it but you substitute a tipple topple wand and it is still not quite right and then it becomes a pop away wand. You appear to fix it and put it away, but it shoots out. You catch it and do a silver sceptre with it. And it all looks like the same wand.

I think that would be cool.

Supreme used to.
Breakaway, tipple topple and the windmill wand all match.
I was lucky enough to buy 2 sets way back ,still have the brand new set put away.
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
I must agree that the good old breakaway wand is a hit! I also use the multiplying wands, wand that turns into fishing pole and the bendy wand. I'm sooooo on the fence about bigger wands because I mostly do living room children shows. I love them but wondered if they are really made for stage. By the way, I made my own version using the appearing pole principle and have them appear out of a change bag. It does the "trick" (no pun intended) but not nearly as great as the real bigger wands!

Mike Smile
Decibel33
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Decibel33
I recently purchased the breakaway wand from the Magic Warehouse for $4. Still waiting for it to arrive. Most other places are selling the same wand for around $7. Is there a difference in quality or is The Magic Warehouse just able to get these cheaper?
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
There's not much to them so I'm sure they can just sell it cheaper. I have not seen a higher quality breakaway wand but that doesn't mean they don't exist. You'll love this. I always use the, "hey, you turned it into spaghetti" line. I typically repeat this a few times by pretending to get another wand and the kids just think it's hilarious.

Enjoy,

Mike Smile
jjduck
View Profile
New user
Chesterfield, Virginia
78 Posts

Profile of jjduck
There is a difference in quality. Some breakaways are solid material while others are hollow which does make a difference in how they handle. Also when using mine, I explain to my helper that "I said take the wand not break the wand".

Regards
Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking for best wand gag.. Any ideas? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL