The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Godfather's "CardThroughThe Mat" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
The Godfather, Vinny Marini never sleeps...This time he's changed his coins to cards and brings out an absolutely amazing effect in his "ALL ACCESS" offering called, "Card Through The Mat." You're not going to believe this one...

A signed card from a regular deck of cards, his or yours, magically leaves the deck, leaves the table to magically appear underneath the mat. Now get this, you absolutely show that there is nothing under the mat before or after. Smile It's uncanny! But then via the powerful magic of the Godfather, the card is nowhere to be found in the deck only to appear from beneath the mat. Beautiful!

*Check it our for yourself here or click the NEW website banner posted: http://vinnymarini.com/download/sub.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Another 'Masterpiece' by: "Godfather, The Great".

:)
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
Really a great and beautiful trick. Thanks for the performance. I won't even ask for the secret to keep it real magic Smile
...(or maybe if I win on a good horse race^^)

Friendly

Chronica
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
***Correction guys, this effect is more specifically called, "Snapped Through the Mat." How appropriate. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Nice... How hard is it to do?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi KEVINIR no the effect is not difficult, it relys on boldness and timing. but like any thing else it needs practice
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Godfather, this a devlishly nice effect. Smile It's not hard at all but it is an extremely magical card effect. Some practice with this one and you got yourself a real gem, not to mention that it's ongoing magic through Vinny's new ALL ACCESS offering where you get a great new effect every month and the teaching is just perfect. You'll get and learn an entire routine of closeup effects, cards, coins, rubberbands, etc. Just think of it, all these effects over 12 months is less than $4-$7 bucks each. You owe it to yourself to at least check it out...You can't beat it for such unique and great magic at a great value. Smile

http://vinnymarini.com/download/sub.html

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
My buddy and I just joined Vinny's All Access service. I have done a lot of emailing to the Godfather over the last few years and he has always taken the time to answer my questions. Glad to see that he might finally get some shekels for his work. At 75.00, that is just a little over six bucks a trick. If they are all of this quality, we have got us a real bargain here!
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
I just got done looking at the All Access "Card Through the Mat" video performance and explanation. Man! Is that first sleight ever devious. Even knowing that it is being used, you still cannot see it. Burn the hands, you won't see it.

This is a very nice effect. Strictly impromptu. No magnets, wires threads wax or duplicates. Juat a deck of cards (can be borrowed) and a mat.

All in all, Vinny states that you will have to learn three sleights. Actually, IMHO, two sleights and a "move". Again, IMHO, none are knuckle-busters or super hard to learn or do.

Nicely done and nice thinking on this one, Vinny.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
First of all, I want to thank you all for the support.

I have great news for the new subscribers.

After speaking with fellow magicians and getting feedback on my project, I've decided to lower the price back to $50. canaday, Turk, and any others that have purchased the effect at $75 will get a refund of $25.

The reason I'm doing this is because I want my magic more accessible to all magicians. I'm not in it for the money. I really feel you are getting more than your moneys worth especially at $50.

Again thank you all for your continued support.
Come check out my magic.

fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Can this be done surrounded?
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I've always wondered who does magic for people behind them? Is the question "Can this be done surrounded" really asking how angle proof is this trick?

I want to have my spectator(s) within 30 deg. R and/or L max. if for no other reason than to engage them more personally!

I'm not trying to nit pick your question Mike, I am interested and if this should have it's own topic, lets start one!

MMc
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mick if your avery careful you can do this with people behind you, people can be on both sides there is no problem,
vinny
mick will pm you
Come check out my magic.

lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I think your requirements will work mickey. you wouldn't want someone on your far left though. very nice handling vinny, it flew past me the first and second time! excellent creation!!!!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Just to clarify, I am NOT concerned with working surrounded!

My question was why is it often asked "can this be performed surrounded"?!?! My personal desire is to have my audience in front of me, slightly to the right and slightly to my left! I realize it won't always play that way but then again I reckon that's where audience management comes in! "Surrounded" to me indicates that you have spectators behind you and/or over your shoulder(s). Why would you perform in such a situation?

I'll bet I can get some pretty good ideas at GGG next week but if anyone would like to answer me here, please PM so as not to derail the topic at hand (anymore than I have already Smile )!

Vin,
I'll look forward as always to your PM!

Thanks,

MMc
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I didn't mean literally surrounded, no, I don't think anyone actually means that. You are correct: I was questioning the angles, and Vinny politely addressed the issue.
But I work at a bookstore, and sometimes when I set up a table to do some magic people approach from all sides. Kids will often come over and stand to the side, so I like to be ready for anything. Most of the time, though, I back the table against a wall so people can only stand in front.
flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Got to be one of the most helpful guy's in magic.. here or anywhere... signed up watched the first download.... was worth it.. keep em coming vinny

john
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi John,

Did you get the email with the download link for the 2nd effect (snapped through the mat)?
Come check out my magic.

flekka
View Profile
Regular user
wirral, england,
186 Posts

Profile of flekka
Vinny.. no not yet the only e-mail I have recieved was of the "Filtration" link

john.
what you achieve in life echo's for eternety
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hi John I pmed you I will have this taken care of.
thanks for being so patient
vinny
Come check out my magic.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Godfather's "CardThroughThe Mat" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL