The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
I have recently been working on some projects...
I have been very busy lately, but now I'm good and ready to start putting things out there. I am posting this thread to see what you guys think about the ideas and see whos interetsed... I'm not 100% sure where I'm going to sell them but I can asure you that it will be soon whether its with someone or independently.

Coin Bend- you borrow a coin (can be any coin). you show the coin at the fingertips showing that you don't have anything else in your hands exept one coin and you visually bend it at the fingertips. You can openly show your hands clean (palms are towards them during bend) and you hand them the coin without any funny moves. There is a gimmick, but it is simple to make and gimmick lasts a lifetime.. that's right a lifetime! Coin can be signed but not everyone would be able to perform it. (cant say without exposure). The gimmick can also be used for other things other than a coin bend such as coin matrixes, vanishes, etc. (limited to your imagination)

2 Card Transpo- Two cards are shown fornt and back and you take them facing eachother at an angle separated and visually they switch positions. Can be shown cleanly before and after the effect and the gimmick and be used for color changes, wild card effects, etc. (also limited to your imagination)

Color change project- I have created a number of original color changes that are visual and very clean. Some of them are gimmicked and the rest are impromptu.

haunted hankerchief- You show a hankerchief or a silk and lay it flat on the table. You have the spectator hold down 2 ends and you hold down the other 2. Then you see the hanky start to rise as if a ghost is materializing from nowhere (mind you silks are pretty transparent). You then have them release and it moves you around all over the place and ypou can show both sides very cleanly. I have created 2 methods and they can be performed in any lighting with see through silks (not ocmpletely transparent but as close as a faded white).

Die Prediction- I am still working with this one, but I'm rpetty much finished with it. You have a die examined by the spectator and a cup or mug examined (both items can be borrowed) You put the die under the cup and you never touch or go near it form here. You have the spectator to name a number on a die and they lift up the cup only to find it landing on the number freely named.

Project Elevation-
Version 1- A visual card rise in the deck that involves no fake decks. You have a signed card placed facedown into the center (can be shown in the middle as there signed card and you hold the end of it. Then slowly you see the card melt through the deck which can be riffled in the process proving there are no fake decks. Can rise up and bakc down or completely to the top of the deck. There are no funny moves, awkward holding of the deck and the gimmick is simple to make.

Version 2- You have a signed card placed into the center of the deck face up or face down in the pack. You revolve the deck nd place it in the spectators hands (they can be flat or griping the deck). They then visually feel the card melt through to the top of the deck. Gimmick is simple to make.. takes about 1 minute for me to make one gimmick.

Pen thu Bill- You have a pen and borrow a bill. They examine the pen and bill make sure nothing is wrong with either of them. You place the pen in between the bill and visually puncture the bill (you can show its really in the center). Then you show there is no hole and hand them there bill and the pen. You can also place is in the bill sideways and slice through the whole bill shwoing its in the center of the bill and yet the bill is still unharmed. The gimmick is very simple and can also be made with a pencil. hands can be shown clean during the effect and after.

Deck Vanish- You spread a deck of cards very cleanly and as you gathjer them up the deck is gone. It is a real spread of cards and I ahve performed this 180 degrees surrounded (the rest of the 180 wouldnt see anything anyways). This cab be performed as an ending to an ACR routine.

I have other projects, but these are the main ones I'm working with right now. Let me know what you think!

Bernardo Rodriguez
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Hi Bernardo,

Your effects listed above sound interesting... Smile

Looking forward some of your creations...

Andrew Loh

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Thanks....
if there are any questions feel free to ask..

Bernardo Rodriguez
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
I'm very interested, they sound really cool. How will you make them available by e-book?
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Bernardo,

Very visual, very clean color changes are always popular. I also like the sound of your Elevator effects and the deck vanish. We are all loking forward to seeing these effects released.

Hank
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Is it available now??

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Sound good. when and how will they be available?

Peace & Love

Matt
rochaz
View Profile
Veteran user
I'm TORN.........
378 Posts

Profile of rochaz
Bernardo,
Are you planning to have any video shoots of any of the effects?
It all sounds very intriguing, especially the coin bend.

Respectfully,
Rochaz
- We do not want them to suspend disbelief in the way they would in theater and story. We want them to think critically and observe carefully. Our job is to force them to believe in magic even against their better judgment.”
Whit Hayden

:Juan R Rocha:
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Yeha I will try my hardest to make some teasers or what not of some of my effects..
They are not available yet, but I will assure youy they will be one way or another..

Thanks For Your Support,

Bernardo Rodriguez
cmdash24
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cmdash24
Very interested. Will probably see an e-book release?
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Still not 100% on that but it might be released as video or dvd.

Bernardo Rodriguez
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

I have also recently been woprking on a new TnR where you have a card selected and signed. Then you rip it into 4 quarters and gather all the pieces into a pile on the table. You take your hand and the second your han d taps it the card instantly and visually restores face up or facedown depending on how the pieces are facing and how you make the gimmick. the card can then be imediatly examined. The gimmick is very simple to make like just about all of my effects and I have performed this effect ocmpletely surrounded.

New Update,

Bernardo Rodriguez
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Just finished that TnR project so I will be releasing that soon also.

Bernardo Rodriguez
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL