The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Planted by Nick Wenger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JL608
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of JL608
I received Planted from Hocus Pocus yesterday, and I'm happy to report this looks even more amazing in person than it does in the video demo. And I thought it looked fantastic in the demo!

It is very well made. It truly looks like a real fern type plant.

The size of the pot is app. 5" in diameter. The length of the leaves vary, with the longest being around 12".

The animation is amazing. You can make the "seven" form first, or the "diamond".
When the leaves slowly start to move and bend it's like watching a film special effect. After the leaves form the selected card, they hold their position for a bit and then slowly relax back to their starting position (though you may need to gently reshape them for the next performance.)

And the best part (for me at least) is that it's completely silent. Which is perfect if you're performing impromptu in your home or office.

For the quality of the craftsmanship, I feel the asking price is extremely reasonable.

Nick Wenger has been very accessible here at the Café. And, of course, Hocus Pocus' customer service is second to none.

Hope this helps!

Joe
cmdash24
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of cmdash24
Nice review. How much was it?
santos
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of santos
To found Nick Wenger, make a search by "remote guy"...is the best Genius with electronic I meet in magic!

Santos
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
Quote:
On 2009-06-02 14:30, cmdash24 wrote:
Nice review. How much was it?

Here you go.

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1

Thanks,
Nick
remote guy
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
534 Posts

Profile of remote guy
[quote]On 2009-06-02 16:49, santos wrote:
To found Nick Wenger, make a search by "remote guy"...is the best Genius with electronic I meet in magic!

Santos
[/quote

Thanks Santos

Nick
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
This is the most unexpected , visual & astounding magic prop I ever bought!

Not mentoning Nick customer service is excellent, spoke with him on the phone & he was very patient & helpful Smile

2 thumbs up! Smile
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I am very pleased with Nick's Breakaway Table and Remote card fountain.
I will definately invest in this one too.

Eric
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
In days I will write a post/comment about one efect Nick did for me! Nick work´s is AMAZING!Is the best of the Best in electronic!We make anything,we acept any
challenge and his knowledge is supreme! I wish in near future he can have Nick´s website with videos or pics of Nick efects!

Paulo
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2009-06-12 13:53, dove-boy wrote:
This is the most unexpected , visual & astounding magic prop I ever bought!

Not mentoning Nick customer service is excellent, spoke with him on the phone & he was very patient & helpful Smile

2 thumbs up! Smile

I agreed with you. This prop is excellent I have never seen before. 2 thumbs up!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
This looks fantastic. I want one!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On 2009-07-02 13:41, Andrewzuber wrote:
This looks fantastic. I want one!

There was one for sale in the 'for sale' section.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Just missed it by a day!
I'll have to keep looking. It would go great with my routine.
Is Hocus Pocus the only one selling this?
I'm going to answer my own question by Googling it but I'm still curious.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
It's a Hocus Pocus exclusive; no one else carries is according to their web site.
See? Answered my own question.
Any more thoughts on this product?
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Just got a used one of these - very cool effect, and as mentioned, looks like a real house plant, not some fake thing you'd have lying around. I too was concerned with the noise, but it's absolutely not a problem at all. I have lots of plants around the house anyway so this makes an excellent addition, which I like. I also got a version with the remote built into a card box, which I am told Nick did himself, though I believe that was a custom job. Very easy to fool someone with this - I did it this afternoon for a couple of friends and their eyes went wide. An unexpected piece like this is truly magical!
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
I purchased Planted from Hocus-Pocus, and have to agree with everyone that this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I had a small problem and emailed Nick who had me send him the unit so he could fine tune the minor problem. Instead, he totally replaced a part and reconfigured the movement which improved the already awesome effect. And then he refused to let me pay for shipping. Best service I've ever encountered, and probably the best effect I own. I'm saving my nickles and dimes to buy a back-up. It's that good.

--Steve Bosque
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Planted by Nick Wenger (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL