The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
The reset for my first time went very well.
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
A very important thing I did notice when I perform this. Although the question of me drinking the coffee HAS NOT come up yet---I have noticed something interesting. The audience member that I hand the ring to after it has "reappeared" on my Samurai Sword so far has always smelled the ring to see if they smell coffee! I kid you not. I forgot to mention this before. So now I always find the chance to get some coffee on my finger before I hand the ring out so that "best part of waking up" smell is on that ring. It's a minor point but one that for some reason is important to the people I have performed this for. One of the ladies actually said "Wow I can actually smell the coffee still!"

Good magic to all,

Eric
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Eric, it is these "minor" points that sometimes make or break an effect.

Kudos to your good thinking. A small but valuable point.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Adam Wood
View Profile
Loyal user
Ontario, Canada
225 Posts

Profile of Adam Wood
Eric, I concur with edh, it's the small details that can have the greatest difference. This could be used with specs ring for a nice 2 ring routine involving different vanishes, having the rings reappear together or to switch in a PK ring it mimics so well in design.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” -Doug Henning

"Don't make magic impossible, make impossible magic!" - Adam

PEACE, LOVE & MAGIC!!!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Thank you guys very much. I always like to pass on what I learn from a performance. I know I have picked up some good pointers from other members and I like to feel I'm giving back as well. We basically sharpen one another and as a result become better entertainers.

Thanks again for your comments they mean a lot to me.

Good magic to all,

Eric
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
Since I have not performed CSI yet, I must thank you too. It is a very good point. I too thank you very much.
"Life is a sexually transmitted, terminal condition" Normal is a setting on a dryer"
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2373 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
The ring is very porous, so if you dunk the re-appearing ring in some coffee, or coffee grinds, it will hold the odor.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Thumbtip---You're welcome. Dave great point!

Good magic to all,

Eric
thumbtip
View Profile
Regular user
Simi Valley, California
132 Posts

Profile of thumbtip
Interesting story here. I just relocated from Northern Virginia to Simi Valley, California. With the lovely economy it took nearly two years to sell my home. I have been out here for about 1 3/4 years. My mother moved into my house in Virginia, so the house was fine. Most of my magic was on the East Coast crated boxed waiting to be moved. It all arrived last Thursday. This house is set up to have a magic office with many framed autographed photos and within that room another doorway leading to the prop room. The hallway leading to both rooms will have the poster sized photos. It is all quite exciting. The neat part, it is all on the seconed level and will be my hideaway or for fellow magicians. Sounds nutty but it is going to be so cool.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

Welcome to California. I live in San Bernardino and love it. You sound like you are well on your way to having a magicians dream home and I'm happy for you. You must try to make it to the Magic Castle for their swap-meets. But then again I wish all here on the Café could. It would be great to meet you guys in person.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Mystification
I just have a hard time with the whole premise. Why dunk a ring into a hot liquid? Afterwards, why cant they dump the hot liquid out to see if the ring is in there?
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2009-08-13 05:14, Mystification wrote:
I just have a hard time with the whole premise. Why dunk a ring into a hot liquid? Afterwards, why cant they dump the hot liquid out to see if the ring is in there?

The liquid can be dumped out if one uses a gaffed cup. Has anyone who has made one of these comment on how easy they are to make and the ease of handling the cup?

jeff
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
The cups are simple to gaff. I recommend the "grande" size. WELL worth the effort!!
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2009-08-14 15:29, Balaram wrote:
The cups are simple to gaff. I recommend the "grande" size. WELL worth the effort!!

I agree with your point. I like the cup routine.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2055 Posts

The cups are easy to make. If I can do it believe me anyone can!

Good magic to all,

Eric
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22651 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I visit a restaurant quit often and there are a lot of other men that gather around and talk about the stock market and politics. Can you say if I could present this effect using the restaurant's cup. Being after the vanish the coffee is toxic, can I go outside and throw the coffee on their garden of flowers without harming the environment? Secondly, will the coffee cup be able to be put in the bin with the other dishes the restaurant takes to the dish washer and I will be safe in knowing I have not killed or poisoned anyone?
whoton
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of whoton
What about having the cup resting on yr hand w the 2nd ring between the cup and yr hand, and presenting it as a penetration of the cup itself. Lifting the cup to reveal the 2nd ring after the first one has vanished...should take the heat off the liquid in the cup at the end?
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Will the cup sit flat with the ring underneath?
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2009-09-28 21:43, The Great Smartini wrote:
Will the cup sit flat with the ring underneath?

Yes indeed. What a cool idea.
Want The Force? - Check out "The Gift" Shoot me a PM to order.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=82obXYQe0OI

Other effects:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/magician/matt-sconce
Kennyart
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Kennyart
I put my cup of coffee on a little drawer box as you may see on the dvd.
Problem was that you could ear the rattle sound of the second ring inside the drawer box when moving.
So I put the second ring in a jewelry ring box with a cushion so that the ring was blocked in it. The cushion inside the jewelry box was dripped in some coffee. Afterwards I glued the ring box in my drawer. With this system you may shake the box without any rattle rattle sound.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL