The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Patrick66,

Why? Man if this looks like the video we are seeing a very special effect here. Give it a chance. Please let us know what you think when you do receive it. I'm waiting for Paul at HP to get theirs in.

Good magic to all,

Eric
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
I dunno. After what seemed like a half hour of credits, panning of a street scene, and bad music, nothing had happened -- I completely lost interest.

When the video starts with a dark background and takes forever to get to the point, I decide to read a good book.

*jeep!
--Short-attention span Grandpa
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

More than likely I will use this with my Samurai Sword effect from Collector's Workshop. I'm also going over some other ideas. Like I said the waiting to see exactly what's involved can kind of slow the creative juices a little. But deep down we all know the wait is part of the fun (yeah right!)

Good magic to all,

Eric
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
5000 POSTS - * * * C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! * * * Grandpa.

Quote:
On 2009-06-14 22:18, mormonyoyoman wrote:
I dunno. After what seemed like a half hour of credits, panning of a street scene, and bad music, nothing had happened -- I completely lost interest.

When the video starts with a dark background and takes forever to get to the point, I decide to read a good book.

*jeep!
--Short-attention span Grandpa

Smile

Grandpa, please check THIS video.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
In my above post please ignore the sentence - "5000 POSTS - * * * C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! * * * Grandpa." - I am sorry for the oversight.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
I know the secret: Is not a coffee but Sulfuric acid to dissolve the ring!!

This is a joke of course I have no idea of the secret. Smile

Really beautiful

Congratulations.

M.P
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Chemistry meets magic.
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 12:47, patrick66 wrote:
I regret this purchase more and more. However you perform it, there will be tremendous heat on the coffee cup and it is totally unpracticle to perform in a Starbucks.

I expect to sell this item after playing with it for one hour Smile

It has hundreds of applications if you think outside the box.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
899 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Well said Mike!

As a designer of illusions one thing I can't supply with my effects is a creative and imaginative mind for the end user - I assume most magicians have these traits.

All of my previous effects were designed for the bizarre magic market where there is an abundance of creatives - illusions should inspire the magician to tailor the method and push boundaries hence a pinch of imagination is required.

However, if you thing CSI has only one possible peformance method then you really need to exercise that grey matter - I've already develeped enough variations for CSI 2.

If after one hour of CSI you want to sell patrick66, please contact me for a refund as the waiting list is now at over 3 weeks.

In the wise words of Spongebob -

****"I_M_A_G_I_N_A_T_I_O_N"****

Use it well...

Regards

Dan

Lebanon Circle
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
A refund is against my ethics, I will not do that.

I'm a whiner when it comes to magic tricks, but that's just me.

80% of what I bought in the past I consider a waste of money/not for me, DVD's not included. But I know that has everything to do with ME.

My best purchase so far is The Extractor, hooray for Nardi (again) Smile
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
763 Posts

Profile of roblane
Ok guys, got this yesterday so here's brief review ( proper one to follow once I've roadtested)
My guess is that most of us here will have sussed out how this works to some degree but when your into magic and have the internet at your disposal, let's face it, it aint that difficult. Fact is though, I didn't know this was possible via this method and wouldn't/ couldn't of dreamt this up let alone brought it to fruition and produced a marketable working end result. Dan Baines did and the effect is nothing short of astonishing. Ok, it wont suit every occasion due to the reset time, but if like me you show friends and family ( and occasionally customers in my case) your latest miracle,I think this will stun.
I had an internet-informed guess at what I would receive and wasn't far off the mark. As far as the reset goes, I'm in the middle of one now and although you do need a bit of time, there's nothing difficult about it and everything is made crystal clear on the dvd. As I said, I haven't actually performed this yet, and will update review once I have. As far as being left with a cup of coffee to carefully dispose of, it's not a problem to me in my normal environment. My reappearance of ring will either by on the Samurai Sword ( thanks gumby) or in an empty? bicycle card case that originally contained a card/ deck once owned by Houdini.
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 11:14, patrick66 wrote:
A refund is against my ethics, I will not do that.

I'm a whiner when it comes to magic tricks, but that's just me.

80% of what I bought in the past I consider a waste of money/not for me, DVD's not included. But I know that has everything to do with ME.

My best purchase so far is The Extractor, hooray for Nardi (again) Smile

Patrick666, your sense of honor is rare and admirable, my respect to you.
In this case,tho, the creator himself has made the offer, and I think you can accept it without compromise of your ethics, IF you do not find CSI to your liking. You will cause no harm to him by this, as he has buyers lined up and waiting. I am sure he can count on your discretion not to disclose any secret information.
HOWEVER before you give it up, please PM me, I will send you my script for this. You may not like that, either, but it does give a different emotional feel to the shocking visual, with the handling unchanged. At any rate, all the best, Dan is an up-front guy, he would not have made you the offer if he did not mean it.
Put your own spin on CSI,& own it, my friend!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Roblane,

I want to personally thank you for mentioning my name with the Samurai Sword idea. I love our Art very much and love giving back to it any time I can. I'm glad you're considering the idea. I'm looking forward to using it myself as well. I just found out my CSI is on the way via UPS and will be here Monday (another LONG weekend)---by the way are magicians the only ones who look forward to Mondays?

My guess this will be a great effect to perform and I'm just waiting for the chance. BTW great point you made about guessing how it's done. We as magicians collectively can figure out a lot of things. But truthfully up until CSI when did we ever see this kind of effect?

So here I sit another LONG weekend! Oh did I already say that?

Good magic to all,

Eric
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 18:23, roblane wrote:

* My guess is that most of us here will have sussed out how this works to some degree but when your into magic and have the internet at your disposal, let's face it, it aint that difficult.

* Fact is though, I didn't know this was possible via this method and wouldn't/ couldn't of dreamt this up let alone brought it to fruition and produced a marketable working end result.

* Dan Baines did and the effect is nothing short of astonishing.

Quote:
On 2009-06-19 22:35, gumbystock wrote:

* BTW great point you made about guessing how it's done.

* We as magicians collectively can figure out a lot of things. But truthfully up until CSI when did we ever see this kind of effect?

Very valid point, very well said.

This is for all of us to give it a serious though and then think as to how best one can support to the creator.

Quote:
On 2009-06-18 02:29, Mike Webb wrote:

It has hundreds of applications if you think outside the box.

So TRUE.

Smile
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1044 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
So much threads filled with csi.. I will quote myself from another shortly..

Quote:
On 2009-06-18 05:43, ArtIn wrote:

An Idea for having an excuse to don't drink the coffee after performance is to let the Ring fall to the ground.. hey such mistakes do happen!
the spectator sees the ring hitting the hard floor.. when it is picked up again by (maybe the spectator) it is still intact and so it must be solid! indeed it is solid metall.
and now the ring is also a bit dirty.. what a shame.. who wants to drink dirty coffee??

Another Idea is:

Thinking about having a extra small box which contains the ring (padlocked and chained)
The Spectator can see the Ring through a few holes on the Outside of the Box.
Shaking it really hard, everything is solid metal.. what going to happen is absolutly impossible..
Maybe it is possible to play also with water reflections.
Maybe it can also be a small Cage!

Letting it go deep into a container of boiled black water!
which also could be padlocked.. givin it to a spectator to hold..
take everything back and let the ring appear in a spectators pocket.. or opening everything in front of another watchful spectator.. already wearing the before palmed ring, still wet on your thumb.. Smile

Everything is possible! I imagine that effect also would play big on stage!

Dan what will CSI 2 be about?
A DVD with Effect Ideas or a whole new Effect Range build up with some new props?

kind regards
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
ArtIn
that's a great idea to place the chained ring into a box! Instead of a box you could use a grated box representing a little jail. The CSI escapes from that jail even he was chained inside. Would like to have a ungimmiked double ring (placed into the coffe before) and pik it out after the CSI has gone. That would take the heat from a ordinari coffe cup.
Best Regards
André
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5649 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 15:41, oldi wrote:

* Would like to have a ungimmiked double ring (placed into the coffe before) and pik it out after the CSI has gone.

* That would take the heat from a ordinari coffe cup.

This is one very good idea for taking the heat off the coffee cup. Good thinking André!

Smile
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2361 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Guy's and Gal's , why are most of you so hung up on trying to do "Real" magic, so many have said, you can't use a borrowed ring, you can't show the cup, you can't do this or that, tell what magic trick is all that , none, that's why it's a trick and designed for us to entertain people, if you like the basic premise, then buy it and make people happy with it, a thumb tip is known around the world by nearly everyone and yet we all still use it, this effect can use a borrowed ring and the cup can be shown empty, at least that is how a spectator will see it. it is a close to real as any effect out there, so many of us try to pick apart all these effects posted, none of them are perfect, it is our job to make it appear that way, I think Steve should start a new section called Fooling Magicians, and those who need it can go there.
samdan
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of samdan
Does anyone else have this yet?
oldi
View Profile
New user
switzerland
92 Posts

Profile of oldi
Dave
Let me just explain how I think about real magic: Of cource I do not expect from the audience that they believe in real magic. Neverless I try to create a atmosphere that gets as close as possible to "real magic", infecting the audience.
I don't want to create questions like "why did he?" or "why didn`t he?"
Therefore I trie to give mi best in "what I say", "what I do" and "what I use".
Those 3 aspects, together, should create my desired magical atmospher.
In this case its the "what I use" that is not like I want it to have.
So I try to make a given trick to a trick that fits my demand. Like anybody else. And isn`t it the way magic grows?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL