The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 11:22, samdan wrote:
Does anyone else have this yet?

I heard that many people ordered, but have been waiting for it.
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
421 Posts

Profile of mimo67
I received it yesterday (in France). Great !! Have constructed the gimmicked part and tried it once, everything's OK by now. Amazing effect for sure.
Also the customer service is great, I had a few requests and Dan answered the same day with plenty of details.

So far highly recommended (but I didn't perform this yet, in a few days...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1052 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 14:07, oldi wrote:
Dave
Let me just explain how I think about real magic: Of cource I do not expect from the audience that they believe in real magic. Neverless I try to create a atmosphere that gets as close as possible to "real magic", infecting the audience.
I don't want to create questions like "why did he?" or "why didn`t he?"
Therefore I trie to give mi best in "what I say", "what I do" and "what I use".
Those 3 aspects, together, should create my desired magical atmospher.
In this case its the "what I use" that is not like I want it to have.
So I try to make a given trick to a trick that fits my demand. Like anybody else. And isn`t it the way magic grows?

Of Course it is! Smile that's why it is THAT great.. It leaves space for your own creativity! customize and make something work in a way you want it to.
Whats bad on giving the best to the spectator you can afford?
Instead of posting negative things about it -> people should customize it and born their own baby based on dans great thinking.
this is the most modern idea someone could offer you!
I first expected also a ungimmicked ring.. but I came over it..
it is not hard to look over the negative aspects (not many!)
if a person is willing to open the eyes and see the potential this one has..

Dave it is up to us magicians to blur every trace to a method an make it as deceptive as possible..

my english is'nt that good..please excuse me.. I hope you guys know what I mean..
samdan
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of samdan
Mimo67--what do you mean constructed the gimmick? without giving it away, what kind of construction is required? how difficult and time consuming is contructing the gimmick?
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
179 Posts

Profile of feifei
Quote:
On 2009-06-23 11:14, samdan wrote:
Mimo67--what do you mean constructed the gimmick? without giving it away, what kind of construction is required? how difficult and time consuming is contructing the gimmick?

To construct the gimmick means resetting the gimmick so you can do the trick again. After you do the trick, you cannot repeat it immediately, you need to take that cup of coffee away with you, and when you are alone, you can reset the gimmick. It is not instant, it takes some time, and you need the props that comes with the purchase to do it.

Don't throw away the coffee is most important Smile
samdan
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of samdan
Thanks feifei! do you have a review for the effect?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1052 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I only want to add with usage of the "starbucks method" you can throw away the coffee instantly
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Hi all, I just received the package and I only watched the secret of this effect.
NO way I am going to sell this haha. This is so much fun to play with, even if you don't perform it, but you will.

The only pity is that I don't have the item at home that you use but that's not a very big problem.

This one's a winner, go get it.
mimo67
View Profile
Elite user
France
421 Posts

Profile of mimo67
For Samdan,

Sorry for the delay of my answer.

In fact I didn't talk at all about the reset wich takes some time at home, so the effect can be done once only (or twice with the double but then the ring can't reappear elsewhere) ; no I meant for the Star*ucks method you need half an hour if you have the material to build this.

I did it but hadn't all the materials exactly as on the DVD (in France the products aren't the exact same ones) so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

But the effect in itself works very well and is as amazing as the video shows it, so I recommend this highly !

By the way Dan provided an excellent customer service by answering my questions with a few hours delay and with many details. I'm very happy with this purchase !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gunthard
View Profile
New user
Germany
86 Posts

Profile of gunthard
First impression:
You can perform the effect out of the box. Exactly like in the demo video, no misleading in the ad. No sleight of hand. Works like a charm.
If you want to show the empty cup, you have to take starbucks coffee cups and built your special cup. It is easy to do, some cuts, some glue (Gorilla Glue - search ebay). Discribed in the DVD step by step. It takes 15 minutes. You can use the cup several times.
The reset is easy, but needs privacy. You get all the tools you need but one, everyone has at home. It takes about 3 minutes and a waiting time of 30 minutes.
If you buy some extra rings (about GBP 7.00), you can do tables.
The tool is a little bit weak. I broke it after 3 resets. It seems to me, it has a breaking point. So do not bend the tool. Dan provided a prompt service to fix it within a few hours. Excellent.

The DVD leads you step by step through the handling. First class.

These are my first impressions. I think CSI will play nice in the real world. After some performances I will come back with another review.

Up to now I am more then satisfied with this deal.
Now I have to think about the presentation. I do not sit in Starbucks to ask: Hey man, do you want to see a trick with your coffee? I want to perform CSI closeup and table hopping. How to establish the coffee cup, how to get rid of the cup etc. at the tables. How to get the coffee, where to place the used cups?
These questions wait for an answer. I have to work on it.

Gunthard
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2034 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Patrick66,

That is EXACTLY why I did not wait to order, I knew you would not sell yours once you got it. Wow this mentalism stuff really works!

I'm glad you like it too. I'm thrilled with mine.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2034 Posts

Hey just to let you know. For everyone who bought this the glue they talk about on the DVD can be bought at LOWE'S. I went on ebay but found it for less at LOWE'S.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2034 Posts

Getting ready to perform this over the weekend and I will let you know how it goes. I'll be using the paper cup method and my Samurai Sword.

Good magic to all,

Eric
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1052 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Finally I've found my little nice looking Houdini Cage.. Smile
When I have found a nice cover for it I would like to post a video with permission of dan.. I am playing with the idea (just have to test it) to take the Ring from the ground of the Cup/Container filled with Coffee..
Dan are you start working on your CSI-/ Lebanon Forum?
I can't wait to share ideas..

best regards
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I posted this on the bizarre section:
_________________________________________________________________________________

Ok just had my first test run with this effect. It was beautifully timed. I was helping a friend of my boss with some web design, when my boss came upstairs with a steaming hot cup of coffee for me.

I just so happened to be showing them my own site as an example of what they could do, when this person asked what sort of magic and mentalism I performed.

I had the ring on my finger, and the padlock and chain in my pocket. Everything had come together perfectly. I said "let me show you", and then went into an off the cuff story about houdini and his amazing escapes.

She handled everything herself. Put the chain through the ring. Padlocked the ring to the chain. Dipped the ring into the coffee. And when I finally finished my story and she retrieved the chain - the ring was gone.

Unfortunately because I had not reset the other gimmick (I used it last night as a test) I could not make the ring re-appear, but I have to say that the reaction was still incredible! Stone cold silence, and then a little "oh my god" under her breath.

I love CSI, I can't recommend this enough. There is a lot of reset involved, but my is it worth it. And I should note that not once did she ask to taste the coffee, or try to get her fingers into the cup.

If you really want to floor your spectators, this is a great way to do it. I'm going to test it out on a large group this saturday night, and hopefully get a bit better story down! I haven't performed any 'magicky' effects in quite a while, but I think that there are some great ways to present this with a more bizarre storyline.

Luke
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
I have got my CSI already today. I enojy it and Dan's instructional DVD is very in details. If you want to combine the Drawing Case routine, I recommend to buy Mikame Craft Drawing Card Case which is smaller and easily carry.
BEN
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin
1052 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
I also bought mikames drawer card box and still waiting for it..
It looks well manufactured and small enough for carrying it in your pocket.

I didn't performed it yet cause the situation wasnt there.
But I am hunting for it..

Kind regards
Antares
View Profile
New user
Newcastle
22 Posts

Profile of Antares
Artin,
I would love to see the cage you are referring to. When I first heard about this effect my mind immediately sprang to the old Collectors Workshop item, "In a gilded Cage"
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=438 - Imagine the possibilities! The ring could vanish off the chain and reappear in the cage. The CW version is hard to get but I'm sure one could easily come up with something else (especially seeing as the appearing ring is not the same one that vanished).
Close-up Magic Cabinet Makers.
Antaresmagic.com
Antares
View Profile
New user
Newcastle
22 Posts

Profile of Antares
Sorry CW is my favourite magic creation house and I nearly forgot about this one:
http://www.vikingmagic.com/?nd=full&key=87.

Pity these things are so hard to find these days.
Close-up Magic Cabinet Makers.
Antaresmagic.com
Carlo Conjurana
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Carlo Conjurana
Hi All CSI
Yes I have purchased CSI,but apparently it works on an old principle that's not known to all ???.
This is an old concept that has been renamed to make all things new again.
I will be using the Knights Templar to reveal the ring so what story line can I use (presentation). Oh yes I do have Mikames card box great piece of prop !!!

La Strega
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CSI Vanishing Ring (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL