The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Hand to hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HMAC
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of HMAC
Hi,

I am leaving this post because I just noticed something odd. I spent the past few days practicing the one handed shuffle on my right hand. Finally, after hours of practice, I managed to do it almost properly. So I decided to start trying with my left hand. And, in less than 10 minutes, I was capable to do it. It is like if what was learn on one hand was also learned by the other. I am the only one who find that strange ?
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
That is unusual because most people have a dominant hand they are more flexible in . but some people learn from a more "systems" perspective so you may have solved most of the conceptual problems already and found yourself (without physical limiations) able to learn much quicker.
JSpencer
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, UT
19 Posts

Profile of JSpencer
Trashman hit it right on the head. Your brain has already learned the process behind the moves, now it just had to reverse it for the other hand, and it allowed you to go directly to 'muscle memory' development on the other hand.

I'm a leftie, and I had the EXACT same experience doing the 1-hand when I swapped to the right. The left hand took me weeks to get smooth (I can only do a single cut, not a multi-stage), but the right hand took me but a few hours to have down flawlessly. At work, I practice with a deck in each hand to keep up dexterity.
Spence
Salt Lake City, UT
"Hey Spence, where are you from?"
"Jersey"
"JERSEY? WHAT EXIT? HAHAHA"
*punch to the nose*
"That exit, tough guy"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Hand to hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL