The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Telekinetic blocks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

micksmagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of micksmagic
First post here. I'm glad to be on the site! I'm looking for a certain type of telekinetic blocks that I had about 10 years ago which may be off the market now. I had bought two blocks from a magic store a while back and they had the same concept as telekinetic timber but they were a little smaller (about half the size) with a wood burned stamp on the bottom. It had a circle and the letter F & M's in the circle. One block was rectangular and the other was shaped like an obtuse triangle and you would lean the rectangular piece onto the triangular piece and after 20 seconds the rectangular block fell. My buddies and I used to joke around and call them Foo Man Chu Blocks but I know that can't be right.

Does anybody remeber the name of this effect and know where I could possibly find these exact blocks described?

Did you ever have them, because I absolutely loved them? If not I might have to go and purchase telekinetic timber. I love the effect and I am even thinking of getting the perplexing pen which is very similar as well.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Tip Pen and telekinetic timber is what I have and both have brought me happiness.

Candin
RobWestcottMagic
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of RobWestcottMagic
D Robbins sells two versions: Telekinetic Timber with two blocks, and Telekinetic Block with one block. I'm developing my version of a Houdini séance using one of these versions, plus Abbott's Hole in One and a couple other effects. Good luck!
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
Mick,

You may be thinking of the blocks put out by Fedko Magic. If I remember correctly the initials F M were burned onto the bottom of one block.
siepielski
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of siepielski
Telekinetic Timber by Bob Koch Golden Gate Magic.
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
Block of Fu Manchu comes to mind.
micksmagic
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of micksmagic
Thanks for the replys. Found this online after a few searches. Thanks again:

Block of Fu Manchu (Telekinetic Timbers)

Two pieces of plain natural wood are shown and can be examined if desired. One piece is oblong, the other is wedged shaped. Both pieces are stood upright with the wedge supporting the other. After a few moments, one piece topples over despite nobody touching or being near it. No Wires, magnets threads etc. The trick is self working and entirely self contained. Beautifully made by Fedko Magic Co, USA.

Love it!
mindshrink
View Profile
Special user
Delhi,India
916 Posts

Profile of mindshrink
Two versions available .
Contact <samdalal@vsnl.com>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Telekinetic blocks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL