The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Nonpoisonous glue for a gimmick. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kamaitachi
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Kamaitachi
Hey,
part of a gimmick of mine broke today. I need to.. hide it in my mouth for a while, so I'm looking for glue to bring the pieces back together, but not poisonous if I put it in my mouth afterwards.
The coin was glued when I received it, so there has to be something..

Are the glues all non-dangerous if dried?
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
I'd say that Krazy Glue, cyanoacrylate would be O.K. to use. According to the MSDS, (http://www.surlok.com/msds/1415.htm), the Acute Oral LD50 >5000 mg/kg.

Just make sure the glue has DRIED completely before administering orally, or you might
be making an embarrassing trip to the E.R. with your tongue stuck to the roof of your mouth.

Of course, your mileage may vary. I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

By the way, do you know where that coin has been before you stuck it in your mouth?
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
877 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Check with your poison control department before doing anything. Its better to be safe then sorry.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
Kamaitachi
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Kamaitachi
Quote:
On 2009-06-06 18:23, The Wizard of Hearts wrote:
Of course, your mileage may vary. I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Er... what?
I don't get it =)

Quote:
By the way, do you know where that coin has been before you stuck it in your mouth?

Somewhere in Argentina? Smile
TravisRobertson
View Profile
Regular user
Cedar Rapids, IA USA
199 Posts

Profile of TravisRobertson
You could try using silver solder to solder the coin pieces back together. Just be sure that the solder or the flux doesn't contain any lead.
I am looking to buy Pressley Guitar items in good condition. Send me a PM for details.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Nonpoisonous glue for a gimmick. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL