The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » June 6th (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
SUPREME HEADQUARTERS
ALLIED EXPEDITIONARY FORCE

SOLDIERS, SAILORS AND AIRMEN OF THE ALLIED EXPEDITIONARY FORCE!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United States have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned ! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory !

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory !

Good Luck ! And let us all beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
"The great landing in Western Europe is the opening of what we hope and believe will be the decisive phase in the war against Germany. The fighting is certain to be heavy, bitter and costly. We must not expect early results. We should be prepared for local reverses as well as successes. No one can say how long this phase of the war will last. But we have every reason for confidence in the final outcome." - Canadian prime minister W.L. Mackenzie King in a radio address on June 6, 1944.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
nums
View Profile
Veteran user
I have a life, or I would have more than
366 Posts

Profile of nums
"It's a girl"

Doctor to Mr and Mrs Baily upon the birth of thier daughter, my mother in law. 1940

On 6/6/6 my mother in law thurned 66.

NUMS
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2445 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"Who are you, and where are my clothes?" - What's-her-name, June 6, 1980.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
One of the heros of DDay that surprised me was Teddy Roosevelts son. He was the only star rank officer to actually land on Normandy and his actions won him the Medal of Honor. He walked the beach head using a cane because of his arthritis.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
"Today I live in a free country. Democracy and everything. WAY COOL!"

Jeff Stone, 7 June 2009, Göttingen, Germany.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » June 6th (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL