The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Question regarding push off bottom deal from marlos master grip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Just a quick question regarding this push off bottom deal, I understand the first finger is to be at the top right hand corner of the deck and the other 3 fingers (especially the 2nd finger) to contact the side of the 1st finger after you have pushed out the bottom card ready for the take, I can certainly do the bottom deal but I have to do it with the first finger straightening out a tiny little bit, this straightening of the first finger then means the deck ends a little askew, the first finger then comes back to the deck to start again, my question then basically is does the 1st finger have to straighten out to allow the bototm card to come loose? or am I doing something wrong here? in RCT Marlo does state the 3 fingers do straighten but there is no mention of the 1stt finger?
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
The 1st finger should not move.

As you stated though, the other three fingers move in unison as a 'unit' control to move the card into position for the take.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
My 1st finger stays at the outer right corner it is the 1st joint that straightens a tiny little bit, is this correct, for some reason I cannot loosen or take the bottom card without the 1st finger 1st joint straightening? hmmm???
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Are you working with a full deck? Seriously! Bottom deals become infinitely easier as you work down the pack. This has been pointed out in several books and dvds.

Master grip is difficult for those with small hands. If your hands are average or less than average size, it is almost a trick to hold the pack in place, period.

Try not dealing the bottoms until after you have dealt a round or two, that should help. Or do the Ackerman thing where he cuts the deck and deals from one half only. Depends on what you are doing I suppose. Also try a Greek deal and see if you have issues with that. If that is actually easier (it is for some people) then you can put a cut card on the bottom to "prove that you can't do a bottom" and then just Greek deal away. The layman will have no chance.

Just some ideas. Good luck as you work it out!
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
You might also consider that the first finger doesn't necessarily have to grip all of the cards at the outer right corner. The bottom deal can be accomplished by gripping only the bottom half of the deck. Just let the top half go along for the ride.

Also, you may be pushing too much with the other three fingers. Just a little tug is all that's really required to disengage the bottom card.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Question regarding push off bottom deal from marlos master grip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL