The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Desperately seeking Zarrow, or Heinstein or Miller (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I have GOT to master one of these shuffles. I live in southern Westchester, NY and I would love to get together with others who are learning any of these shuffles (or any other good ones.) Maybe we could create an informal club and meet every week or two at the local library's community room.

If you are already an expert in a good shuffle like one of these I would like you to tutor me. Money is very tight for me right now ("too tight to mention" as the old Simply Red song goes) so I would like to barter for your teaching. I'm a superb writer (with the books and clippings to prove it) so I could write your Web site copy, bio, brochures, press releases and so on. Over the last ten years my rate as a writer has varied from $43 to $55 an hour. I'm a real writer with 25 years' experience, not some wannabe, so I can do a truly great job for all of your marketing and media communications.

Thanks,

Tom aka Rocketeer

PS. If you're working on or know the BCS, so much the better.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2013 Posts

Profile of puggo
Hi Tom,

Can't help you with the shuffle (especially being in the UK!), but this thread may be of interest for the BCS work,
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=203
I use the BCS, but have memorised it which has expanded the potential.
Josh Jay (Close up magic up close) has a super easy overhand shuffle with a stack, especially if you have a sh**t c***er card or k** card. Very convincing, one cut and your back to starting order.
Good luck with those great false shuffles

Charlie
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Thanks puggo. My phone happens to be an HTC too!
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
709 Posts

Profile of ejohn
On penguinmagic.com Oz Pearlman teaches a relatively easy false riffle shuffle in an accompanying download if you buy his Emerge Triumphant instant download. An excellent Triumph plus the shuffle for $12.95.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Master the Truffle Shuffle if you work strolling
Master the Zarrow shuffle if you can use a table.

I've been through all of these false riffle shuffles techniques (starting with Paul Le Paul, Zarrow, Shank shuffle...) and this is what I came up with for myself and feel totally satisfied with.
Nowadays, in strolling conditions, the cascading of the cards in thee hands is the convincer that the cards were mixed
Nowadays, in table conditions, the visualization of the weaving of the cards is the convincer that the cards were mixed.

Just, as you practice, make sure to ascertain where you look and why, what you say and why. In other words don't just practice the technique, practice the misdirection and body language attached.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Sound advice Lawrence,

I will be doing it seated at a table casually talking to the audience. When I'm dons shuffling I'll stand up and tell them to watch everything I do. Then I'll do Two Cards in Pocket.

PM me for info.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Desperately seeking Zarrow, or Heinstein or Miller (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL