The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Lecture wish lists. Who is your fav? Who do you want to see? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
I have been performing magic for years however, I am new to attending lectures. A friend of mine and fellow magician introduced me to what a lecture was. My first lecture was with Joshua Jay. I felt his lecture was fantastic. Very professional. Very down to Earth...entertaining and educational. I walked away with a few items I still use. Several strong usable pieces of magic taught. I have to say for the time...Joshua's was the best value because of the information and personal one on one time he spent. He set the bar for what I was to expect in the future.
I am a HUGE fan of Luke Jermay. I was flabergasted just to meet with Luke. I was able to talk with Luke and Ben Seidman after their lecture and even though it was in a terrible bar down the street....I think it was very cool to sit, eat have a beer as well as the opportunity to talk shop. Although my interest for Luke and his material was greater than Josh's, I felt the lecture fell short in quality, professionalism and general entertainment compared to Joshua's. I won't go in great detail with the issues...and definately no disrespect to Luke, let's just call it a bad night. Had little to do with the material. Ben's portion went over very well and I consider him a very professional entertainer. I left that lecture a bit suprised and a bit disappointed however, I was still glad I went. I would definately go to another Luke lecture, I hear the problems that he encountered in Chicago were not ordinary for Luke.

I am going to Jay Sankey's lecture in Indianapolis on the 29th and I have to admit my expectations are high. I feel Jay's lecture may raise the bar. We will see. I have purchased many of Jay's DVD's in the years I have been practicing and performing. I always go back to Jay. I can depend on him for consistant quality and entertainment. Not all of his material is for me.....but it is so hard NOT to like Jay or his material. I am a fan.

A few days after Sankey I will be heading to Peoria to see Banachek. Hands down one of my favorite mentalists. I cannot wait. I am not sure what to expect. I am so excited for both lectures.

So after this....who's lecture would I like to attend? Well..not sure if they do them. I would have to say... my wish list has been hit with Luke, Banachek and Jay...but I am also a huge fan of

Paul Vigil
Teller
Bill Malone
Richard Sanders

hmmmmmmm.....I would add more I am sure.

Who were your favorites? Who (living) would you like to see?
phaddad2
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of phaddad2
Harry Anderson
johndraws
View Profile
Loyal user
Danville, Illinois
202 Posts

Profile of johndraws
*smacks head*

Great one!! Me too!!
Thales
View Profile
Elite user
You may have read one of my
415 Posts

Profile of Thales
Shawn Farquhar puts on a great lecture as well. I would love to see Paul Harris of course but that is not likely to happen anytime soon. I am still waiting for Jay Sankey to come back to New England so I can catch his lecture as well. Oh it would be great to see Wayne Houchin too.
"If you can't change the method, change the moment." Vernon
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
647 Posts

Profile of revmike
I have only been back in magic a few years but have had the opportunity to see a number of lectures. So far my 3 favorites were:

1. David Regal
2. Joshua Jay
3. Johnny Thompson

But I am not putting any of the others down. I have usually been able to incorporate at least 1 item into the various shows I do from every single lecture.

M. Reist
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Juan Tamariz
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Just maybe if I say Juan's name frequently enough my friend Todd will book him for the Kutztown magic convention next year.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 15:41, Al Angello wrote:
Just maybe if I say Juan's name frequently enough my friend Todd will book him for the Kutztown magic convention next year.

I been trying to get a hold of him. You don't really find him he finds you lol
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
One of the best lectures I ever went to was Bob Fitch. And I didn't even learn one trick.

Todd
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
The very first magic lecture I ever saw was Tom Mullica. I'd kill to see him again.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1736 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I recently saw Rocco lecture. He comes as close to doing real magic as I have ever seen. Very exciting!
I also saw Kozmo. A lesson in audience control from a guy with a silky smooth and very practical show. I'd like to see him again.
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 22:31, pepka wrote:
The very first magic lecture I ever saw was Tom Mullica. I'd kill to see him again.

I almost had Tom this year but his schedule conflicted with ours, he's doing the Red Skelton tribute show.

And Rocco will be at Kutztown Convention this year.

Todd
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Michael Ammar...I hope see Shawn Farquhar lecture on S.A.M Convention!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
You should DEFINETLY ask Kozmo to visit! Hands down THE best lecture I have ever been to! Oh and David Ginn was good too
marcjh
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
136 Posts

Profile of marcjh
Lectures I would love to see:

Juan Tamariz
Gaeton Bloom
Harry Anderson
Paul Harris
Darren Brown
Tim Conover
Martin Gardner
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Juan Tamariz hands down. I saw him lecture once and he taught one and a half tricks. I would pay twice what I had paid to see him again.

(And if you're trying to get a hold of Juan, talk to Obie O'Brien, I understand that he's really good friends with Juan and was instrumental in bringing him to CAM)
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Lectures I could see several times would be:

Jay Mattiolli (Stage Magic)
Shawn Farquhar (Close-up/Walk Around)
Barry Mitchell (Children Entertainer)
Duane Laflin (Children Entertainer)
Dennis Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Lecture wish lists. Who is your fav? Who do you want to see? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL