The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » .. speaking of canes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
I bought a Walsh vanishing cane 25 years ago from a "Novelty" store going out of business. (I could have bought their last two, but not enough cash in my pocket) I use it every show. 25 years and still as good as when I bought it. (The white end cap cracked recently.I fixed it with contact cement, but now have use another cap rubber) But , I have seen a lot of vanishing canes over the years but nothing that has the look , feel or action of the Walsh. I'm sure it will out live me. But is there a good , solid , equal out there at any price , if by chance this one ever "vanished? I haven't liked anything that I've ever seen in most magic shops that have ever been in this area.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I agree with you about the outstanding quality in the Walsh canes. I have used a Walsh appearing cane for over 30 years and it's still as crisp as the first day I bought it.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7393 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Harakan is the closet equivelant. I actually like their vanishing cane better than Walsh. But Walsh is still the tops in Appearing canes.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I believe I have a walsh vanishing, and I know I have the cap (looks like Ivory) but its the old bakelite plastic. Mine are new from my old shop.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Nala Nosmoht
View Profile
Special user
Surrey,B.C. Canada,
642 Posts

Profile of Nala Nosmoht
Yes Ian , they are ivory. Do you have one available?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
It will take some time to locate. I do not know what to charge, either.
I think I have it in my collectible showcase.
PM me with an offer.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2009-06-09 09:24, Nala Nosmoht wrote:
Yes Ian , they are ivory. Do you have one available?

Not a new one..
http://picasaweb.google.com/stagetricks/......75983074
Fred-Erik Johanson
View Profile
New user
Estonia
89 Posts

Profile of Fred-Erik Johanson
Speaking of canes,
I just bought Fantasio´s Triple Color Changing Cane(Haveńt recieved it yet) and noticed that their selling also its Cap. So I got nerveous about maybe its not with the cane. Do I need to buy it or its included with the product? Are they just selling spares?

I know its not in topic, but I didńt want to make a new one, so I thought maybe You can help me.

Best wishes,
Fred-Erik Johanson
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22741 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Loftus/Empire is now producing and selling the best Vanishing and Appearing Canes I have seen in a long time. No oil needed, spring release and metal Knobs. They look great and handle very well, they are fast as well.

Loftus only wholesale so contact your dealer or http://www.stoners.com for your purchase.

https://www.loftus.com/item/LF-0676

https://www.loftus.com/item/LF-0677

Many dealers refuse to give manufacturer information, so double check and only get the Empire brand.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
I recently bought a Mahka Tendo Appearing Cane and I am very impressed with it so far.

I was told that they are Harakan canes that Mahka painted. Is this true?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Quote:
On 2009-08-04 11:19, Regan wrote:
I recently bought a Mahka Tendo Appearing Cane and I am very impressed with it so far.

I've receive my Mahka Tendo Cane like 3 days ago, and I agree, they are impressive canes! I love it!
Dare to Dream...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » .. speaking of canes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL