The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween at the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
Good News!

I have received word that I shall be Headlining in the Parlour of Prestidigitation on Halloween week at the Magic Castle.

This is especially exciting since I have been "tweaking" my Haunted Illusion Act with the advice and guidance from some prominent magicians.

What is equally exciting is that Nox Arcana, the music which I exclusively use in my act, is releasing a new CD which is called, Blackthorn Asylum. I was told that a few compositions were absolutely written with my act in mind, since they had seen it. (You can sample the music here: http://www.noxarcana.com/blackthorn.html )

I foresee my "Luna" routine receiving a new treatment in the coming months.

I shall post updates as Halloween draws closer!

Georges
Myrsolon
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Myrsolon
Awesome! I look foward to hearing the updates!
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Really enjoyed watching your show at the castle last August. Wish you all the best for this one too George.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
October is my busiest month - else I'd consider making a special trip across country for that performance!
Will you be performing it anywhere else besides there the rest of the year?

Nox Arcana are really nice folks and they are great about giving you permission to use their music - they even complemented my little girl on how cute she was! How cool is it that they were inspired by your show to make an album from it! Nice!

Congrats all the way around!
Chad
Cadabra
View Profile
New user
NYC
58 Posts

Profile of Cadabra
Sweet!
I actually just watched footage of the halloween seance at the castle from 1970!!! Criswell and Anton Levey were both in the show!!!
"It has always amazed and baffled me that audiences will wait patiently in line and pay good money to have the wits scared out of them." - William Castle

www.albertcadabra.com
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I just saw a Trailer for the new Martin Scorsese film Shutter Island, which is set at a hospital for the criminally insane.

It is scheduled for release in October and the timing could not have been more perfect since my week at the Magic Castle is in October and there is a theme of Ghosts and Lunatics in my routine!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1130884/
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
By the way, Nox Arcana's new album Blackthorn Asylum is now available for download on itunes. Just in case anyone is interested!
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1931 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
I'd love to come see you.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Halloween at the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL