The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Season (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Well, it's been a fun few days so far in Atlanta! A great front page article in the Gwinnett Daily Post I think it was. I've also now met 3 magicians who have come to the show - Tony Chapek, Stephen Spanks and another magician friend of his that I don't remember his name - Steven, if you read this remind me of it!

Now I'm just waiting on one Mr. Ken Scott to make my week complete! And Ken, when you get some calls for b-days over the next few months and you ask how they heard about you - you may get from the magician at the library! I have had soooo many folks come up and ask if I do birthday parties - to which I refer them either to you or, I tell them to call/email me and I can get them in touch with you via your website. So I'm referring them all to you!

Oh, and Ken, if you want, you can assist me in the grand finale of the program!

Lots of fun but man am I tired each evening!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I do plan on coming tomorrow night. I have a 10, 12 and 4PM tomorrow and then I can catch you at 7PM.

Best
Ken
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 17:03, kenscott wrote:
I do plan on coming tomorrow night. I have a 10, 12 and 4PM tomorrow and then I can catch you at 7PM.

Best
Ken

Fun! You want to be incognito or front and center for the grand finale? Let me know!

Today at Suwanee they had almost 600 folks - and that was the second show there this week!

Chad
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
The grand finale have to do with a snake??
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Quote:
On 2009-07-29 21:21, kenscott wrote:
The grand finale have to do with a snake??

LOL! Nope, it has to do with me being put into a straitjacket!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Well, the week is complete as Mr. Ken Scott was able to make one of my shows! Thanks for coming Ken and I enjoyed talking with you afterwards! I'll see you in Augusta in a few weeks and I'll save you a place at Myabi's after your evening show!

I had a great time in Atlanta, doing shows and meeting some fellow magi! One more stint in Savannah next week and it's rest and relaxation for a few weeks!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Chad great job. The show was a lot fun. And your cousin does great work too.

See ya in few weeks. Would love for you to see the daytime show and then come back for the night show.

Ken
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I'll do my best to catch both your shows and I'll pass along the comment to Morgan - I hope she decides to work for me again next summer - it makes my life much easier during the summer!
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
That would be pretty intimidating have Ken sit in the show!
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I think Ken was probably more intimidated as he is not a fan of snakes! He made sure I had them put up before he would talk to me afterwards!

But I did have a little extra adrenaline for that show knowing one of my colleagues was in attendance!
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
LOL!
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
LOL yes chad is right, I hate snakes.
And colleagues is right, we all get alittle jazzed up when we know other performers are in your audience.

Imagine looking out and seeing Mark Nani Wilson sitting in your audience, that will get you going.

Ken
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
That would surely get you jazzed having Mark and Nani in the audience!
any more DVD's coming out Ken?
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
I do have two projects I am working on right now but it will be about a year before I release them.

Thanks for asking!
JimbosMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of JimbosMagic
Hi Ken
Really looking forward to meeting you at Kidabra in a few days time.
Looks like it is going to be packed full of good stuff.
Regards
Jimmy
JIMMY CARLO. KIDabra International Family Entertainer of the Year 2009.
IBM Triple Award Winner. Uk Champion of Comedy Magic.
Represented the UK in the United Slapstick Awards on German TV.
European Children's Entertainer of the year 2007/8
Michael238
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Michael238
What is your theme for next year?
Here it is Make a Splash
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
It is also Make A Splash in SC and GA. This year was great! My last show was this past Tuesday, and next summer will be at 95% booked up by the first of this coming week! I love library season! Not to mention I got to meet several fellow magi this summer during my travels.

I'm just sad that my cousin Morgan is now off to college, but I think I talked her into helping me again next summer! Now it's a two week break from shows while getting everything ready for the school season AND brainstorming some new programs as well - all while enjoying NOT traveling for a while and keeping my little girl entertained all day!

Fun summer!
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I just found out our provincial government may cut the funding to the summer reading club so not sure what will happen for next season.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Quote:
On 2009-08-15 10:58, Neale Bacon wrote:
I just found out our provincial government may cut the funding to the summer reading club so not sure what will happen for next season.

Ouch. Hope the Alberta government doesn't take it's cues from BC.

Neale, have you heard of a father/daughter act called "Under the Docks"? They're from Vancouver (I think), and they tour the Alberta libraries every year or two. It seems that I end up rotating with them on alternate years in many of our libraries here. I was surprised that they tour all the libraries here, instead of in BC.

BTW, the TD Theme for 2010 (Canada libraries) has something to do with the Jungle. Sounds fun.

Brian
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I just booked my local libraries (2 weeks worth of shows) Friday AFTER they got it approved by the Director. This is the first time they have ever had to get it approved as the Children's Director usually is able to book who they want and approve the money for the children's department.

And I had a handful of libraries cancel this year after getting their budgets in January. But the libraries who pay with the "Friends of the Library" are still pretty much good to go.

I have a feeling that after this coming year things will start to go back in the other direction and it won't be such an issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Library Season (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL