The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Videos posted at the Card Corner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2959 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I'm nearly caught up with the video demonstrations of the effects from The Card Corner (from the Linking Ring). Newly posted are:

21 Again
BariaTRICK King (Caleb Wiles)
Another Interchange a.k.a WTF Pocket Interchange by John Carey

See them at: http://mallofmagic.com/cardcorner.html

I have the video for the July item (Earthly Sandwiches) already shot so I can be on time for a change!

Mike
John Neely
View Profile
Loyal user
Iowa
276 Posts

Profile of John Neely
Very cool Mike! I enjoy your collumn and it is always nice to see the effects performed! Thanks for your hard work. I'm especially looking forward to next month's collumn. Smile

John
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2959 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Hi John! John is looking forward to "Earthly Sandwiches" since he is the contributor. It's a very nice item. I'll post the video around the 1st of July.

BTW - the videos on the website stream from youtube. Kammagic made a very good observation which I'm reprinting here:

From kammagic on youtube:

"I think this would play stronger if the three selections never went in the pockets. Too much could go on there. Perhaps placing them under the spectators hand and placing the leader jack on the back of their hand to oversee. Then doing the transposition. Duplicates in the pockets ahead of time would be an easy conclusion for a layman."

I think that kammagic is correct about putting the cards under the spectators' hands as a superior alternative to the pockets. I'm not sure if the notion of duplicates really is a problem, especially with a really free selection process. I think the real problem is that removing the jacks from the pockets is anticlimactic. The trick is really over when the selections are found in your hands. The process of showing that the jacks are in the pocket, it seems to me, bogs the trick down. The big surprise is over but you still have to remove the jacks. Kammagic's alternative of putting the selections under the spectators' hands solves this problem. Now, there's no drawn out process of getting the jacks. They are under the spec's hands.

I like this idea. Thanks kammmagic!

Mike
Medifro
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami
1255 Posts

Profile of Medifro
Quote:
On 2009-06-12 10:21, Mike Powers wrote:

I think that kammagic is correct about putting the cards under the spectators' hands as a superior alternative to the pockets. I'm not sure if the notion of duplicates really is a problem, especially with a really free selection process. I think the real problem is that removing the jacks from the pockets is anticlimactic. The trick is really over when the selections are found in your hands. The process of showing that the jacks are in the pocket, it seems to me, bogs the trick down. The big surprise is over but you still have to remove the jacks. Kammagic's alternative of putting the selections under the spectators' hands solves this problem. Now, there's no drawn out process of getting the jacks. They are under the spec's hands.

I like this idea. Thanks kammmagic!

Mike

I LOVE More Things Change by Jerry Sadowitz ( different plot, one at time transpo with pocketed cards ). The reason I'm bringing it up is that I'm using it in a gambling themed routine and it worked amazingly well. I can see Mr.Carey's trick playing very well with this kind of presentation as well.

The spectators hands thing is not bad either, beside the obvious magic-in-spec-hands-is-stronger, you don't need to have a jacket on anymore, and for strolling you'd do the usual-spec hands as tables.

~ Feras
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
A very big thank you to Mike for putting up the video. There are many ways to go with the handling that is in the card corner.That one published and peformed by Mike is one of many variations I have including what Kamm suggested. By the way, a great way of getting into my routine is to do a collectors first, then segue into WTF. Thanks to Curtis Kam for that great suggestion.

I will probably include some of these on the follow up to my spotlight on Carey dvd. Should be shooting this in the next couple of months.

Have a great weekend guys

John
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3418 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
T'weren't Curtis Kamm!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » New Videos posted at the Card Corner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL