The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Metamorphosis by Wayne Dobson - FS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bsears
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
1035 Posts

Profile of bsears
Yeah, that video from Magicgeek was good until about halfway through when there was a cut, some unjustified reaching for the wallet, and a change that was anything but visual. I was hoping for more, but understand this may have just been inferior handling. As a long-time fan of LT, I'll keep my eye on this one for sure.
OMagicOne
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of OMagicOne
Mark Mason does a great job. I have this effect and love it!
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4400 Posts

Profile of Sixten
My package just arrived, from Mr. Mason.
Again, fabulous service. Diving into the dvd tonight.
Mr. Mason, you're the best!

Sixten Smile
booswain
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of booswain
I just got this effect used for a great price. I really like the effect...the coins are really good quality and the trick works well with spectators. My only small complaint is the gimmick..seems mildly cheap to me..i have bought a couple of gimmicked cards that would be examinable from ebay and I think that will complete the effect for me..then everything can be looked at...cool trick...
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4400 Posts

Profile of Sixten
As an option:
I've changed the small wallet that holds the coins, for display, in the beginning &
what will follow.
I use the small packet wallet, that has the extra com********.
The 'you know what' goes u**** this.
(Eliminating the ****s)

:)
Tennispro
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Tennispro
Now that I just got Metamorphosis, I can say it really is very much like Legal Tender with a added twist. Seems you could perform the same effect with Legal Tender so in my mind your really paying for ther idea and handling. In fact the gimmick used in LT (as Bosswain pointed out) is cleaner. I want to play around a bit with a routine and see if it works. My plan is to use the Electric Hot Leads business card carrier to product a flash a second before looking back at there hand to see the coin has changed. Now this is quick idea I just thought of while watching the dvd. I have to see: 1) if the gimmick is strong enough to use in the EHL card pad 2)The @@@@ doesnot damage the EHL battery and 3)the flash effect must be somewhat small or the spectator may jump back or something causing the coin to fall off their hand (but they could still pick it up). Any comments on this rountine?? Thanks
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
883 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
I would agree, you can do the same routine with lethal tender, it is just a nice handling. It does look very nice, I give credit to it's creation. If the gimmicks are nice too, more the better.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1401 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Can you use a coin purse instead of a packet trick wallet to do this routine?

It would be more logical to use a coin purse...to carry coins !!!!

For instance I think about Larry Becker's coin purse style.
Joaquin
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of Joaquin
Can you use a PK Ring instead of the plastic wallet?
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1401 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Quote:
On 2009-10-14 23:23, Joaquin wrote:
Can you use a PK Ring instead of the plastic wallet?

In this case it would be a "sound" problem ( metal on metal..)
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1655 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
... unless you put a piece of Band-Aid around the inside of your PK ring?

Jerry
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1290 Posts

Profile of Jared
Jean-Luc...I've been using a coin purse for Metamorphosis and it works just great!

Jared
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1101 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Just got this, it's a nice trick, very easy to do. If you don't like the switch method with the plastic wallet then there are other ways you could do it I suppose. But there's no heat on the wallet when I've performed it so don't fix it if it ain't broken is my advice. Coins examinable at the start & finish & reasonably priced. What more could you want?
Only one very small gripe - the half dollar didn't match the other half dollar which was a bit daft. I had others already that were a closer match so not a massive problem for me but something to bear in mind.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Can someone tell me if the Metamorphosis gimmick is exactly the same as the Lethal Tender Gimmick.
I just purchased Metamorphosis and the gimmick is exactly the same as my Lethal Tender Gimmick.
Thanks for any information.

Chappelly
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1101 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Quote:
On 2010-02-23 01:30, chappelly wrote:
Can someone tell me if the Metamorphosis gimmick is exactly the same as the Lethal Tender Gimmick.
I just purchased Metamorphosis and the gimmick is exactly the same as my Lethal Tender Gimmick.

Chappelly

Surely you've just answered your own question there haven't you?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Quote:
On 2010-03-09 07:33, UncleBunkle wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-23 01:30, chappelly wrote:

Chappelly

Surely you've just answered your own question there haven't you?

I just wanted to make sure that I had purchased a ridgy didge Metamorphosis.
Some posters reckon there are differences in the gimmicks. See tennis pro.
If this is so this means I have purchased a bodgy Metamorphosis.
Just needed some clarification from somebody who has both gimmicks.
Can you help out here UncleBunkle?

Chappelly
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4898 Posts

Profile of RNK
I have had this for about 2 months- I believe the trick is meant for more of a one on one situation. Not a bad trick, but I must say that the gimmick will make noise if your not careful. Mine was not a very good fit and if I am not careful when retrieving the coin out of the hand of the spectator it "Clinks". For $50.00- I don't think it's worth that much.

RNK
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
If you use it and are creating magical moments for people, then price is subjective.

Mine doesn't clink.

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4898 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2010-03-09 12:27, Review King wrote:
If you use it and are creating magical moments for people, then price is subjective.

Mine doesn't clink.

Chris

I guess you would get magical moments if the spectator wouldn't here a clink! But I guarantee you wouldn't get magical moments if your gimmick clinked!

RNK

RNK
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1104 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Watching the link from Suux88 gave the whole routine away ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Metamorphosis by Wayne Dobson - FS (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL