The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box, one of David Roth's routines.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Very nice job,i also liked the way the coin penetrated one at a time, very visual.

That is a very nice Okito box,never seen that kind before.what kind is it?
Rickbc
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Rickbc
Morten,
Nice job!! I've seen some coin box work on YouTube where the persons hand looked crippled. I believe one needs an excellant classic palm to make this routine look as good as you presented it.
MB's effects are at
www.vinnymarini.com
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Bravo! Nicely done. I have been working on this same routine; however, my classic palm of 4 dollars is not ready for prime time- yet... Nice to see an example (other than Mr. Roth's, of course!) of a job well done!

-A

p.s. I like your coin box, too- I have the same Lassen box in a Boston style...
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Quote:
The box is a copper Okito box from Todd Lassen.

Oooh, you lucky @*#$%&X! Smile That is such a work of art! I have drooled over that set but sadly I cannot get anything that high end myself. Perhaps some day.

As for the presentation, I cannot really watch it on my antique computer. Inside it there is a hamster running on a wheel and it is getting old and tired. But the still slideshow images I was able too see looked good at least!
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 12:53, Rickbc wrote:
Morten,
Nice job!! I've seen some coin box work on YouTube where the persons hand looked crippled. I believe one needs an excellant classic palm to make this routine look as good as you presented it.

Hmmm, yes, but you will end up with a good/excellant CP if you practice this routine in a long time. Smile

And again, thank you to all of you for the kind words.

-Morten-
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Very very nice. Very natural looking.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
So it appears that you don't really need the Roth set with the thicker wall to rest the coins for the rim steal. Very well and done very clean.
Regards,
Silverthorne
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
That set has thicker walls also....
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
388 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Thanks rutabaga. I've not seen the Todd Lassen copper set up close.
Regards,
Silverthorne
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
I don't know what other people can do, but I can steal the four coins from the top of a stack with three coins. The Lassen box is about seven coins high. I guess it's possible to use all okito boxes if you have a CP that works normal good.

For me the "hard" part is not to steal the coins, but control them to drop one by one.

-Morten-
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Morten,

Your skill shines through! Based on how wonderful the routine looks I'm going to go remove mine! (Not really they're quite different)

Your ability and skill is far in excess of many who choose Mr. Bamburg's little box to conjure with. It is certainly far greater than mine.

Thank you for posting.

KG
asgar
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of asgar
Great job !!!!!! Smile
Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
BrucUK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of BrucUK
Lovely palming.
I perform a similar routine from the Roth book "releasing" a sandwiched copper from between two silvers, normal box.
To me, it seemed more natural to have the box on the back of a hand that was naturally curled, thereby making the palm and the release a lot easier. That said, your selights are excellent.
Bruce
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Morten and Kent,

I enjoyed both of your routines. Fun to see the boxes in play.

Kent, it was great to see the plug come into play as I don't know if I have seen before. I have one, but liked being fooled by it.

RevJohn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Okito box, one of David Roth's routines.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL