The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » New convention for children's entertainers in Washington DC (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I haven't left. I still monitor the Café and don't want to repeat myself. Also I was going through some major health issues.

I've got my eye on the January event. I am cautious on new convention because I have been involved in numerous conventions and hundreds of seminars. I know the work and cost involved, and all the extras that are hidden costs.

There has been several attempts but nothing ever came about. I am watching the website and waiting to see the website filled out with details, instead of blank pages. This convention looks like a great one, however, many of the lectures are the ones at KIDabra this year. Since I will be at KIDabra, I will ask some questions on what the performers will be discussion. Right now it almost like a mini-KIDabra Convention.
Dennis Michael
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Dennis,
Thank you for your compliments. You did mention a handful of conventions for all of the different types of entertainers. Yes, you could go to those and see lectures and material on your art form..... or you could come to Kapital Kidvention where they are all rolled up into one big convention.
You are right to wonder why some of the same people will be at Kaptial Kidvention that will be at Kidabra. The beauty of it is that those presenters will be presenting all new material at Kapital Kidvention. So, I say got to both Kapital Kidvention and Kidabra and get the best of both worlds! I know I am! Also, Kapital Kidvention will also have people who have never presented before at Kidabra, a bonus.

You are also correct about there being 2 blank pages at the web site. I am currently working on those now and preparing to put up a much more detailed schedule this week. But keep in mind, the Kidvention is still 7 months away.

I look forward to talking more with you and hearing any advice you can offer.

Louis Meyer
Kapital Kidvention
http://www.KapitalKidvention.com
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Thanks for responding, we were discussing this convention at our KIDabra Chapter Banquet tonight, Several members can't make the KIDabra International Conference, and wanted to know what I thought. I told them the line-up of lectures looks fantastic.

I'm even considering going. It's still a long way off. I just love those lecturers. It a possibility we may car pool down to this one.

I sure hope all goes well, since I am very familiar with how much time, energy, and costs go into running an event like this.
Dennis Michael
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Kapital Kidvention would be blessed to have you and your friends. I look forward to seeing you all in August and hopefully again in January!

Louis Meyer
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7441 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I may have to fly to New Jersey, just so I can ride in the van with Dennis and the other KIDabra Chapter 1 members. Smile

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Profile of Michael Taggert
Hi dennis I hope you can make it in january Ill be there and I wont be the producer so I can enjoy this one a little more.
Mike
Ill bring my MPL in the back of the car. Smile
Believe you then that I do strange things
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Oh Mike, now that is really tempting! What a tease!

Our Chapter's next meeting is the 4th Monday in Sept where we discuss, or demo the things we bought at KIDabra. I will mention the concept for our January meeting to car pool down to this convention. Who knows how many will be arriving. Saving $20 a month from Sept-Jan will make the registration expense seem like $20.

Who knows, like our local SAM, M.A.E.S., KIDabra Conference, and Bob Little's Super Sunday, I may even get involved with my spotlight, sound system, and/or projection system.

Dennis
Dennis Michael
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
More News!! Just added Steve Kissell as the Emcee for the Kapital Kidvention!

Louis Meyer
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1867 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Man louis!

How can I get in there an work?LOL
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Ken,

JR and I are planning a serious after-hours party that will involve lots of drinking, naked women, and hopefully a fist-fight or two. It is a secret so don't tell anyone... especially Louis because he is trying to make this a respectable convention. But we're assuming you will bring the drinks and the naked women.

James
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
OK, everyone the schedule for Kapital Kidvention is up! Check it out.

Julian Franklin is presenting 2 great lectures, one of them is brand new! Go check out the schedule.

If you like to face paint or do balloons Kapital Kidvention will be fun for you. Even if you just want to learn how to paint or balloon art there will be classes for you. Check it out.

Louis Meyer

Louis Meyer
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Now announcing, Brad Ross is doing a late night lecture on improving your business! We are very excited to add this in, Brad always does a great job.

Louis
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
346 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
As a member of Kidabra International and a Charter Member of Kidabra Chapter 1, it is nice to see a convention of this type being held on the East Coast. I wish them all the luck in the world.
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Thank you Peter! We would love to have you in DC!

Louis
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
This is shaping up to be quite an event!!! I'm thrilled this is going to be in the DC area, which should be able to gather people from across the South, Mid Atlantic, and even the Northeast.
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Hi James Im bringing the Dancers pole for the party!
Michael Taggert
View Profile
Special user
Fredericksburg Virginia
653 Posts

Opps I almost let louis hear me talking about The after party:P Looking forward to seeing you here.
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Kapital Kidvention announcement: Greg McMahan will be doing a pre-convention workshop! He will be teaching at least 3 different topics:
1.How to entertain an audience with a bag of balloons
2.Making Money with Magic Classes
3.Make spring puppets work for you
Just announced here before it is even on the web site. Details on the site soon.

Louis Meyer
rookrulz
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of rookrulz
Remember that the early bird rate ($99) for Kapital Kidvention ends in August. Thanks.

Louis Meyer
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2296 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Louis,

I just signed me and my wife up for Kapital Kidvention. We just love how you have it arranged so that my wife can go to her face painting lectures and I can go to magic lectures at the same time.

Just a couple of comments:

The pre-convention workshop price of $75 seems a little high considering the 3 day convention is only $99. It is unlikely we will attend this.

The week in January you’ve selected happens to be Catholic Schools week. I am usually booked solid with these schools running special activities for their kids. You may want to think about the next year. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has this concern.

Great Job Louis. We are looking forward to this.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » New convention for children's entertainers in Washington DC (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL