The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Metal appearing wands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I am just wondering if the appearing wand is also available in metal or just the fantasio plastic versions only? If it is available which dealer carry it? Thanks for the help!
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3409 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
You can also find them in food grade cellulose(?)...a smaller version of the appearing pole/straw.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Matt101
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Matt101
Yes, I have one made of metal, I think it was made here in the Czech Republic - if you are interested, I can obtain one for you
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7392 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Walsh, (later Fabjance making Walsh) and Harrakan all made very good metal appearing wands on the same order as an appearing metal cane.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Richard and matej, for the info.

matej, I will contact you soon on the metal wand from Czech Republic. Thanks!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4905 Posts

Profile of videoman
I bought a metal vanishing wand about 30 years ago at an IBM convention and still use it. I believe it was from a dealer in Hawaii, may have been James Yoshida but I can't remember for sure. Pretty sure he also sold metal appearing wands too. They were gold in color and really well made. Wish I could locate a dealer now. Let me know if you have success in tracking any down. I've searched but without any luck.
Bill
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7392 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Jimmy Yoshida sold the Harrakan products. Harrakan is not making much anymore. Marko Tendo was using the same source to make this canes but that is gone also.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Richard, for the info on Jimmy Yoshida. It has been quite a while (30 years or so) since I last met Yoshida.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=4272 <---Not sure about that one, being reserve only and all. If they are in stock, it's not a terrible price.

http://www.magic.org/store/product_info.php?products_id=6218 <---Seems a little more reliable. I don't own either product, but I've been eyeing them for quite some time.

http://www.magicgeek.com/appearing-wand-steel-538.html <---I'm guessing it's the same as the one above, but I figured I would include the link because of the better picture as well as the video.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have an original Russ Walsh Vanishing Wand, and an Appearing Wand by Harrakan from Japan in Bronze.

If interest contact for the Appearing model.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Metal appearing wands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL