The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color Change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Please gimme constructive criticism on this change. I think I performed it smoothly but was to lazy to film again because I slightly flashed it. So please don't be like. Oh you flashed the secret you suck and that stuff Smile

Here it is: I think it has improved if you have seen my other cartoon deck performances. A very nice guy brought me to a site that gave a 10 min tutorial on how to do it perfectly! it helped so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywySU4kgo2M
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
The video is unavailable...
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Youtube says the video has been removed by the poster ...

Quote:
So please don't be like. Oh you flashed the secret you suck and that stuff

Has anyone actually posted a reply to you so far saying 'you suck' ?? Smile

Post up the video and I'll give you an honest opinion.
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Okay I reuploaded it. Here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBp6HC6wHuU can a mod please add this to the top post
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27253 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Your routine might do better with some motivation for the actions which set up and hide the Houdini change.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
The color change was better than on your video of the cardtoon deck. Angles were definitely better.

I think JT is right that some more motivation for just why you cover the deck (which is, unavoidably, a fishy kind of thing to do) would be a good thing.

I know that with respect to your other videos suggestions were made about not over-proving, but I think in this case one or two demonstrations that the deck really is red before doing the color change might help. Producing the deck, doing one move, then showing the blue backs kind of leads to the first thought - there was only one red card and he got rid of it somehow ... Smile
Shortelz
View Profile
Regular user
I am proud of my
132 Posts

Profile of Shortelz
Hmm what about somthing along the lines of switching decks?
natswift
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado
177 Posts

Profile of natswift
You're well on your way...
Nice video
Never forget to dream!

Nathan Smith
nateswift2010@gmail.com
Chris Brown
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Chris Brown
Work on it longer. Time heals all. When you think you've practiced hard enough, practice harder. Think of yourself like a pilot, a pilot is issued a license after a certain amount of hours flying. Do the same thinking with cards.

It takes 10 thousand hours to become an expert at something. Keep putting your time in.

persist.
Chris
Buy Venus Trap here -
http://store.dananddave.com/venus-trap-chris-brown.html

Buy Orbit Control here -
http://store.dananddave.com/orbit-control-chris-brown.html

myspace.com/orbitbrown
youtube.com/orbitbrown
twitter.com/o
AlienSpaceBat
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of AlienSpaceBat
Quote:
On 2009-06-14 21:09, Shortelz wrote:
Hmm what about somthing along the lines of switching decks?

I wasn't really meaning a deck switch - I think that would be difficult to properly pull off in a short effect like this, particularly if done standing up.

I was meaning maybe show the red backed card more than once - cut to another red back in the deck (crimped or short card etc) wrist kill and pull the card out, replacing it on the top. Or show both sides of the top red card, replace it, DL and show both sides of a different faced card with a 'red' back, etc etc.

If you want to do an Erdnase color change to a card that isn't next to the top - if you get a break under the top 2 cards (like for a DL) you can do the change to bring the 3rd card to the top.
Mike Webb
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Mike Webb
I've always just perfomed the Erdnase change.
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
What about taking a doubledecker and doing a cardini or ego change....so you would be a little cleaner...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color Change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL