The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Opus Diablo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
aukt
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of aukt
Can someone tell me;

1. exactly when will photo's appear.
2. precisely when will these ship.
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Sure thing.....

1 - Soon
2 - When its available

patience my son. Thou shalt have thy wallet soon

Peace & Love

Matt
luxor07
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of luxor07
I am struggling bwtween the hideout and the opus diablo. I understand they are totally dofferent. I already have a magnum and Panther. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1240 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
As the OD is announced as a card wallet I would suggest...buy both! Smile
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I'm excited about the Opus Diablo. I've already pre-ordered mine. However, I have to mention how surprised I am when I learn from friends how many peek wallets they own, yet... they don't do an Acidus peek. My favorite peek is impromptu, uses an index card or business card, and happens without a wallet.

If I didn't already do Acidus, I'd buy Millard Longman's Acidus materials, then buy one of Outlaw's peek wallets. Between the two, I'm always prepared.

My two favorites: 1) Acidus, and 2) the Magnum.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 11:51, luxor07 wrote:
I am struggling bwtween the hideout and the opus diablo. I understand they are totally dofferent. I already have a magnum and Panther. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.

I recently got one of the few magnums left and also pre-ordered opus diablo. This is the first time I pre-order something,I always try and wait before buying a product,until it gets ten billion good reviews but reading Café posts for a long time, I learned to trust outlaw about peek wallets,im sure it will be a good buy.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:

You could always get both Smile

Daren
Twitter @darjames
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 14:59, Daren James wrote:
Quote:

You could always get both Smile

Daren

First off I'd like to thank Paul Brook for endorsing the Hideout, means a lot to me.

The hideout is a full size bi-fold hip pocket Swiss army knife of mentalism wallets.

The Diablo, Magnum and Panther are leather business card cases.

Hope that helps Smile

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Are there any plans about a new bi-fold wallet like hideout,that works with a new technology? like they one you will use for opus diablo?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 15:05, daghank wrote:
Are there any plans about a new bi-fold wallet like hideout,that works with a new technology? like they one you will use for opus diablo?

No other bi-fold wallets in the werks.

Not sure that I would call what the Opus uses as "technology", it's "design" that is new.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Harry Guinness
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Harry Guinness
Will it be possible to PW or NW into it?
www.hypno-help.blogspot.com: Signup for the newsletter to get awesome free stuff.

"Harry knows what he's talking about and gives it to you with no filler. I'd give it a 9.5/10." Tyler Kerner
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 16:35, Harry Guinness wrote:
Will it be possible to PW or NW into it?

That is one of the killer applications of this wallet.

You can PW or swami and remove the prediction from a snapped shut pocket on the OUTSIDE back of the wallet.

There it is boys.

I just spilled some big skinny Smile

We need some good stuff after this depressingly surreal week.

RR

Opus Diablo Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
That certainly ups the ante. It may be a little more expensive, but that PW/NW feature will be worth it. Very cool. Makes that pre-order discount even sweeter now.
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
That sounds really good, is that the main function of the wallet or is the optical peek as good as the one with magnum?
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
That's also my question. The fact that it's more than a peek wallet presents a new dilemma: will I replace my Magnum with Opus Diablo? I understand the OD probably doesn't have the tech built into the Magnum, which is probably fine (it means versatility in more lighting conditions). What I like about the Magnum is the completely open peek... I can really take my time. I can even set it on the table before I do the work. However, the "special something" in the Magnum will eventually wear out if you use it as much as I do. I'd love a slow, hands-off open peek without the lighting issues (I feel I might be asking for miracles). I feel I'll probably be happy with what the OD has to offer. Will it replace what I have? Guess I'll wait and report back once the OD has arrived. Perhaps an OD/Hideout combination is the ultimate answer.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 17:22, daghank wrote:
That sounds really good, is that the main function of the wallet or is the optical peek as good as the one with magnum?

All I will say now is, you can put a peek card in the OUTSIDE pocket,snap it shut, and still peek the card.

No more questions will be answered for now Smile

(I'm thinkin about raising the the pre-order price. O.D. is my most expensive manufacturing cost for a wallet)

BTW, I sold over 600 original Outlaw wallets and they did not use 3M filters and guys love them.

I personally do not think you need to be so "fair" that you need to have it sitting on a table.

The wallet is not a magic prop, its a wallet. Comes into play for a moment, and then is "forgotten"
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 17:41, Roth wrote:

BTW, I sold over 600 original Outlaw wallets and they did not use 3M filters and guys love them.

I personally do not think you need to be so "fair" that you need to have it sitting on a table.

The wallet is not a magic prop, its a wallet. Comes into play for a moment, and then is "forgotten"

Fair enough
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
O.K. more PM's comin in so I'll answer some questions to keep the speculation down.

1. There are pockets on the inside, but because of the diabolical design, there are only 3 pockets inside.

2. Yes there is another type of 3M filter used. Smile

3. The outside snap pocket will hold business cards or credit cards.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
aukt
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of aukt
Roth;

so - it's not the same 3m filter being used in your existing wallets?

if so, is it just the off the shelf material that's available everywhere?

and when can we see a pic?
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2009-06-28 18:05, aukt wrote:
Roth;

so - it's not the same 3m filter being used in your existing wallets?

if so, is it just the off the shelf material that's available everywhere?

and when can we see a pic?

It is NOT the off the shelf computer privacy screen filter. It is similar to the Magnum filter.

BTw, this will probably be a limited run wallet. There is only enough filter to make about 150 units (which should last a while Smile)
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Opus Diablo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL