The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Virtual mind reader (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Psychologic
View Profile
New user
London, UK
77 Posts

Profile of Psychologic
Hey,
check out this fun website - http://www.peteranswers.com/
You can get some serious fun out of it with your friends and family

To use it:
* Type . (a dot/full-stop/period) in the petition box. (You will see that a 'P' automatically appears in the box).
* Then type the answer to the question you're going to ask or that your friend wants to ask. (Obviously, you must know the answer). As you do this, the word 'Peter' will convincingly appear in the petition box, as though it is what you're typing.
* Once you have covertly typed the answer, put another dot/fullstop/period after it. Then continue to type a dot as this will cause the sentence 'please answer the following question:' to appear. Once done, press enter and the cursor will drop to the question box where you then write the question. As soon as you type the ? - the answer will automatically be revealed.

Note also, rather than repeatedly typing the full-stop after the answer, you can actually type your own request. For example, knowing the answer will be triangle - you could type '.triangle. please read my mind:'
This will appear to everyone as 'Peter, please read my mind:' just rememeber to put a dot before and after you've typed the answer.

Hope that makes sense. It's really quite easy to do - just not to explain.

You can make the revelations seemingly more impossible, which is a laugh.
Let me know what results you get

Cheers Smile
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Good Trick Smile
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1655 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes, it's really good. Not new at all (it's been around for over 2 years now... so some people know about it), but really good. You need some practice to type smoothly though. You also need a good story for the people you "perform" it to.
Ben
jameme
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
193 Posts

Profile of jameme
Hahahaha
this trick is even older than that
I used to have it on MSDOS before windows 3.11 we are talking about 94 or something like that
I think the name of the ¨ghost¨ was Vanessa or Lisa
(the reason I don't recall the name.. is because I used to think of her as Vanessa Angel´s weird science character Lisa¨... so now I mix up the names

but yep.. its quite funny
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1655 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2009-06-15 18:34, jameme wrote:
Hahahaha
this trick is even older than that
I used to have it on MSDOS before windows 3.11 we are talking about 94 or something like that
I think the name of the ¨ghost¨ was Vanessa or Lisa
(the reason I don't recall the name.. is because I used to think of her as Vanessa Angel´s weird science character Lisa¨... so now I mix up the names

but yep.. its quite funny

Yes, true indeed. But the website "peteranwers.com", although it's been around for some time, is not as old as 94... since we're talking here of a website... and internet started in the 90s...
Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Virtual mind reader (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL