The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cupcake pan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decibel33
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Decibel33
I ordered this from the Magic Warehouse and received it late last week. I want to load a mini cupcake in it ahead of time, and then do some "baking" with the kids. What's a typical routine? Just looking for ideas. How do you incorporate flash paper with this item?
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Although I rarely use flash paper, since I work with very young audiences, I have done this from time to time. I simply use the piece of flash paper as the "recipe" that I refer to during the routine. At the end, I check to see if there is one last step, and find that it says "add the recipe". I look bewildered for a moment, then shrug my shoulders, crumple the paper and drop it into the pan. All that is left is to light it to "cook" the cake.

:cake:

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
Try adding some flower(paper flower), a green "P" (a gren paper pea), evaporated milk (empty can), sugar(whole packet unopened), I would personally stay away from using fire, perhaps add confetti to the pan and have confetti candy on the cupcake.
After all confetti is the new fire.
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
MikeHMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of MikeHMagic
OOPS a green paper letter "P"
Mike "Gus" Harvatt
"Bullwinkle that trick never works."
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
361 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Random thinking... My personal preference would be to avoid the actual fire also. Hot Sauce could put the FIRE in a cup cake. You could have a little bell to "ding" when the cup cake is done (ie microwave). The bell, signaling the cooking process is done. Or use this diamond cut "Flame silk" it should fit... http://themagicwarehouse.com/SI3249/Silk-Flame-Silk.html

I like using the cupcake pan with a donut finally.

-De Wayne
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
That is a great idea DeWayne ! I love thinking like this. I look at readymade props as "parts", and as they used to say on TV, "parts is parts". Using a prop for something other than what it was intended for is what creativity is all about. That fire silk is "cool" !

:)

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Decibel33
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Decibel33
Thanks for all the advice! I'm certain to steer clear of fire. The ideas presented here are great. Packets of sugar, paper flower, and confetti (not sure what you mean by "evaporated milk (empty can)"...you mean use an empty can, or empty the can?) Stuffing a fire silk into the pan is also great. Although I haven't used the cupcake pan before, so I don't know how much room I have to stuff in the bottom pan.

Anyway, thanks again for the great ideas!
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
I was really happy to find this thread, as I just ran into the cupcake pan at an online catalog, and had put it on my short wish list. Been using dove pans for years, but this thing would be very cool, especially since cupcakes are easier to transport than a cake !

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20522 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2009-06-16 16:53, DeWayne wrote:
Random thinking... My personal preference would be to avoid the actual fire also. Hot Sauce could put the FIRE in a cup cake. You could have a little bell to "ding" when the cup cake is done (ie microwave). The bell, signaling the cooking process is done. Or use this diamond cut "Flame silk" it should fit... http://themagicwarehouse.com/SI3249/Silk-Flame-Silk.html

I like using the cupcake pan with a donut finally.

-De Wayne

Nothing is easier to make than a Diamond Cut "Flame" silk.

All you need is a Diamond Cut Silk (white or lemon yellow) and Sharpie pens (Red, Orange and golden yellow).

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
Since there is not a lot of room to stuff junk in the base pan, I use:

Frosting - A flake from a small box of Frosted Flakes
Sugar - The whole packet
Flour - a small feather flower
Cream/Milk - A packet of coffee creamer
Candle - A small birthday candle
Food Coloring - A multicolored silk strip that I pull out of my empty closed hand. The fifteen inch one works great.

We close the cover, think warm and happy thoughts. Keep thinking...Then I yell OUCH - we both jump and the cake is revelaled. The Audience believes that the pan got hot because I asked the birthday kids, "Do you feel it getting warmer?" The answer is always YES
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.safetymagicshows.com
zimsalabim
View Profile
Special user
Orlando Floirda USA
518 Posts

Profile of zimsalabim
Great stuff dis LOVE it!
Joe Zimmer

"The Second Greatest Magician in the World"

Who is the Greatest? Everybody else! Borrowed with respect from the late Great Eddie Fechter Owner of the Forks Hotel

Zimsalabim

Orlando Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Cupcake pan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.45 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL