The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Classic Force Subtelty Origin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
There is a subtlety for the classic force where the deck is offered, then withdrawn to create anticipation and force the spectator to choose when the deck is handed to them the second time. Does anyone know the origin of this subtlety? I *think* I saw it on a Lennart Green tape a loooooong time ago.

- Dan
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Wasn't it on the PAUL Green video on the classic force?
Sorry, I dn't know the origin, but if you track this down, I guess you'll have more chance with Paul Green's video.
Jonathan.
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Daniel & Jonathan,

I cover six areas (up, down, in, out, into, and away from) when approaching a spectator when performing the Classic Force. Each direction must be applied sparingly for it to look natural.

PM me with any further questions.

Enjoy the search.

Regards,

Paul Green
kipling100
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of kipling100
I think in one of Giobbi's card college books he talks about that subtlety; may want to check and see if there are any references there ...
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Mark Mason, perhaps?
Terry Veckey
View Profile
Regular user
Medford, Or. U.S.A.
140 Posts

Profile of Terry Veckey
Heba Haba taught it to me. The way he did it then leads me to think he had been doing it for a VERY LONG time.
Upon further reflection, I wouldn't be surprised if he originated the move.
-The Lesser Known-
<BR>Terry Veckey
<BR>-"There is no place for laughter in magic." B.Martin-
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
You're right Jonathan P. , it must have been a Paul Green tape. It's been so long! Thanks guys!

- Dan
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Heba Haba Al pre-dates both my friend Paul Green as well as Roberto Giobbi by quite a little bit. But I've gotta believe little touches like this pre-date even that legend.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi Scott,

Let's not forget Eddie Tullock! Generally, I think that all the legendary bar workers had "work" on the Classic Force. I am sure that Heba, Johnny Paul, Jimmy Grippo, Clarke Crandall,... as well as the modern day Bob Sheets, J. C. Wagner, Doc Eason,..., all have touches that make the Classic work for them.

We stand upon the shoulders of those that have gone before us.

Enjoy the search.

Respectfully,

Paul Green
Terry Veckey
View Profile
Regular user
Medford, Or. U.S.A.
140 Posts

Profile of Terry Veckey
The point I'd like to make is that I think that I believe that Heba pre-dates most of those mentioned. But more importantly, is that they were all workers. The most likely thing is they all invented it (sort of).

When I said Heba "taught" it to me I didn't mean we sat around and he said "Here's a neat move to do!" I said somthing like, "What do you do when somebody trys to take a card before you get to your force card?" and he said "I don't let them take it."

Now to toot my own horn if I may, for those who don't know. I ,no doubt, have one of the best classic forces in the business.

Have fun!
Terry VeckEy
-The Lesser Known-
<BR>Terry Veckey
<BR>-"There is no place for laughter in magic." B.Martin-
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I applaud Paul's DVD and the most important work on the DVD for me was the discussion on holding the break. Before I watched the DVD I was always concerned about if I was maintaining a subtle break properly or even if it was the right card. The DVD taught a way to do it with essentially no break at all which gave me just enough increased confidence in it that I started to do it all the time.

It's really the only force I use and I'm comfortable enough to do it even in my stand-up act where it HAS TO hit. Can't get better training than that.

Thanks Paul.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Hey terry please put up a demo so I can see yoyur force in action,,,, lol
the godfather

frank nothing beats the "giggle force'
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Classic Force Subtelty Origin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL