The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Keep Eric Paul In Your Thoughts Today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2085 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
That sucks, I wish him well and a miraculous recovery. Did he smoke?
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
Quote:
On 2009-12-30 02:46, sirbrad wrote:
That sucks, I wish him well and a miraculous recovery. Did he smoke?

Eric has mesothelioma, a cancer known to be caused by exposure to asbestos. Whether he smoked or not, I don't believe matters. Lung cancer is the second most common cancer in men, behind prostate cancer, but is far the most deadly. Funding for lung cancer is scarce compared to other cancers because people have the attitude that "they caused it themselves". Smoking causes far more cases of heart disease than lung cancer. Are heart patients asked if they were overeaters and smokers? Questions like this causes the stigma that is presently associated with lung cancer. I am a former smoker that is being treated for lung cancer. My cancer is not known to be caused by smoking, as a matter of fact, it is most prevalent in non-smokers, women and Asians. There is a 15 year old girl that has stage 4 lung cancer and she has never smoked. Lung cancer doesn't discriminate.

No one deserves cancer. Whether it is the 15 year old girl, or the lifelong smoker. I believe that in years to come we will look back at the way that we presently treat cancer and view it as antiquated. Those of us fighting the fight now are blazing the trail, whether we want to or not. Eric is fighting that battle now and I hurt for him, and feel helpless, as I know many here do.

Sorry to get on my soapbox, but this is something that I am very passionate about.

Eric, I continue to wish you well, and may God grant you peace.
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7514 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This just in from Jim Palmer (I have his permission to post):

"I’m just back from visiting with Eric in the hospital. He is still sleeping and again, he is not expected to wake at this point. To me he appears much less restless, you might even say peaceful, which I’m guessing are the drugs and his body preparing for death. Eric has been blessed with so many friends and loved ones. In fact, in all of my visits, it’s very rare not to have at least 4-5 people sitting with him constantly. This morning someone was some playing some quiet praise music which I know Eric must have been enjoying. I want to thank Randy Snedden for taking Eric’s bunny, Harvey. I told Eric this morning that Harvey was going to live in the good home of a fellow magician. As I mentioned to you yesterday Donald, anyone wishing to donate or help with Eric’s kids should do so by either making a donation to the fund that was established at Citizen’s Bank, or by ordering ONLY digital downloadable products from his Web sites. Please do not place orders for anything that would need to be shipped. In speaking with Suzan, it is our desire to sell Eric’s business and someone has stepped forward with interest. However, when that would happen and what a sale may look like is not known at this time. As with most entrepreneurial businesses, Eric was the chief, cook, and bottle washer and Suzan and I will try our best to identify and fulfill any current obligations. We ask for your patience and understanding during this process."
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5718 Posts

Profile of Regan
This is so sad. Reading Eric's website is painful. I was really hoping for a miracle, and Eric was a strong fighter, but reading these latest updates leaves me feeling very empty.
Mister Mystery
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7514 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
This note just in from Jim Palmer:

"It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of our dear friend and Brother Eric Paul Schlacta. Eric passed around noon today, December 30. I do not know the dates yet, but here is the information on the services. The viewing will be held at Campbell, Ennis, Klotzbach in Phoenixville. The Funeral Service will be at Fairview Village Church of the Nazerene (www.fvcn.org). There is an online map there. Burial services will be immediately following at Limerick Gardens on Swamp Pike an there will be a luncheon back at the church. I’ll let you know when the dates and schedule are confirmed. Please pray for Eric and his family."
Scott Compton
View Profile
Special user
Hampton, VA
747 Posts

Profile of Scott Compton
I am so sorry...I feel so helpless and hurt. I pray for his family.

RIP Eric
Magic is an art. I am merely a tour guide.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Compton-Magician/160270640674735

"You are the magic" Jay Ose to Albert Goshman
jkmagic
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of jkmagic
Condolences to the family & friends of Eric. Eric was indeed an inspiration who fought this illness with courage & dignity, I did not know the man but have been following his story recently & he had such a great love of life & love especially for his kids.I really feel so sorry for his kids right now

RIP
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Rest in Peace Eric Paul. You fought the battle well and with honor up to the last minute. We all get lost in the shuffle of news feeds and status updates on facebook, the banter of forum postings, and life across cyberspace... we often loose touch of the humanity that is behind this screen of text. In the end, we all are connected in some fashion just by being part of this community, and today we lost a part of us...
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
cairo
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of cairo
My thoughts and prayers are with Eric's family.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5718 Posts

Profile of Regan
R.I.P. Eric

:(

Regan
Mister Mystery
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Grant rest, O Lord, in blessed repose, to the soul of the servant of God Eric, who has fallen asleep, and may his memory be eternal.

Brian
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1629 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
I never knew or talked to Eric. I never had the money to invest in his brilliant marketing material. He is in a much better place now. I will meet him some day.

R.I.P Eric.

Jim
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
My thought and prayers are with him, and his family

Dennis
Dennis Michael
lou serrano
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, CA
670 Posts

Profile of lou serrano
Very sad news.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2826 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I did not know Eric at all, but I KNOW cancer...cancer is a stupid little b!tch...

My thoughts go out to his friends and family...

Nathan
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7514 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
From Jim Palmer:

"Friends, Here are the details on Eric Paul’s funeral services.

The viewing will be held at Campbell, Ennis, Klotzbach 610 South Main Street, Phoenixville, PA on Monday night from 6-8 pm.

The Funeral Service will be at Fairview Village Church of the Nazerene ( http://www.fvcn.org) Tuesday at 11:00 am. There will be an additional hour of viewing at the church from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. There is a map to the church on their Web site.

Burial services will be immediately following at Limerick Gardens on Swamp Pike, Limerick and there will then be a luncheon immediately following back at the church."
SteveB
View Profile
Regular user
St Louis, MO
117 Posts

Profile of SteveB
Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
Regards,
Steve

www.stevebarcellona.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7575 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I never met or knew Eric. I just know him from what I have read here. I did watch his video posted on this thread, and I was absolutely amazed at the bravery of this man! I only hope that when my time comes, that I face my end with the same grace and dignity that Eric has. What a true inspiration he was!

My thought and prayers go out to his friends and family.

May God bless Eric. May God bless us all.
Dr. Solar
View Profile
Special user
Citrus Heights, Ca.
526 Posts

Profile of Dr. Solar
My prayers are for his children, family and friends. I hope I have learned his lesson on courage from this. So brave a man. So loving to use all his dying energy for those he loved without one bit of whining and ungratefulness. I wish I would have had the funds to purchase some of his work and been part of his forum with all his support and feedback he offered. My heart goes out to his children and too his recent past of the most disheartening task a parent might have to make and that is to say goodbye to little ones never to see the fruits of their maturity.
Doc
"look for me in all things forgotten"
www.drsolar.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Keep Eric Paul In Your Thoughts Today (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL