The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Keep Eric Paul In Your Thoughts Today (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
I tried to call Eric at the hospital but the phone was always busy. I never met Eric but he helped me a lot with my business which has meant a lot to care for my son. I'm a single father. I did exchange emails with Eric and I am so glad I did. I was so moved by his bravery and his character. I told him this and he emailed me back, "Thank you, Jim."
I am very sad that his life was cut short and am sad that all he built, he could not reap the continued rewards of. I am sad that all he knew and learnt and created is lost, at least to him. He shared a lot of it, but you know that no one knew it like he did.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
470 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
Eric was one of the nice guys. When I brought him here to lecture for our open house 7 years ago we spent many hours talking about ..what else..magic. He was a go getter for sure. My sincere sympathies and condolences to his family. He will be missed.
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12060 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Praying for his family.

Candin
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17307 Posts

Profile of joseph
Same here...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
971 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
I'm saddened by the loss of someone that was a guidepost for me and so many others. In my talks with him, and through his work, he always took the high road, as he is on now. My prayers are for his family and close friends.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3390 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I did not know Eric, but we butted heads here on the Café a few times. In all that time I never NEVER saw him act in an ungentlemanly manner. I respected that about him quite a lot. May he sit at the side of his god in eternity.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Magic has lost one of it's biggest promoters and supporters. Eric was a huge influence for many of us. He will be missed.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Cancer is a disgusting, evil disease, robbing families of their precious times together.

All our prayers to Eric's beloved family!

Chris.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7514 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Eric will be missed.

I didn't know his family, only Eric. I met his kids once. I knew that he loved God, he loved his kids, he loved his church, and he loved magic. He loved helping others live up to their potential. He was very passionate and hard-working.

I was very happy about how many people rallied to encourage him over the last few days.

I cared for Eric greatly, and really appreciated who he was and how he helped me and others.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
I learned a lot from him ... and he will always be in my thoughts ...RIP Eric ... your work will live on through us !
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
RIP

Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
782 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Eric was a joy to be around.

My prayers go out to his family.

Rest in peace, brother.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Eric taught me my first magic trick 20 years ago, and I will be at his viewing Monday night to say goodby.

RIP Eric
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
I didn't know Eric, but I've been praying for him and watching his videos. I've lost many people in my life and I still don't understand or accept it.

Eric is an inspiration. I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but watch this from beginning to end. You'll laugh and cry and be inspired:

http://www.youtube.com/user/UncommonSuccess
~Joe
keeblem
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1167 Posts

Profile of keeblem
Just watched the above video. A very brave man.

I hope his products and knowledge live on.

Best Wishes to his family

Mark
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1641 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Eric PAUL--May you rest in peace.
We've lost another great one in our business of entertainment.
He gave joy to millions of children.
TrickyRicky
ghostmagician
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of ghostmagician
I had the fortunate opportunity to work with Eric Paul twice and let me tell you, Eric was a master with people. He really new how to make those around him feel comfortable. I don't pity Eric because I believe he's with his savior, Jesus Christ, and who could ask for anything more? I will continue to pray for his children and family who need our prays and support.
A magician isn't defined by how many tricks he knows, but how well he has mastered them!
Peter Cuddihy
View Profile
Veteran user
Peter S. Cuddihy
358 Posts

Profile of Peter Cuddihy
Eric was the President of IBM Ring 6 in Springfield, PA when I joined that ring in 2002, a post he held from 2001 through 2005. He did an exceptionally good job as President of Ring 6 and spearheaded our annual fundraising shows during that time. He always arranged to have the shows held in a professional theatre in Phoenixville, PA. He was an extraordinarily nice man with a strong passion for magic and a real knack for marketing. He was also a very giving person.

I recall one particular meeting during which he lectured about how to find cards selected by more than one spectator in rapid fire succession. One of the methods he used to find at least one of the cards was the use of a "fat card." I was particularly struck by Eric's kindness in having made up by hand prior to the meeting a large number of "fat cards" to give out to everyone attending the meeting so that they would not have to go to the trouble of making their own "fat card." I still have the "fat card" Eric gave me and I will cherish it for years to come.

Above all, he was someone with very strong religious convictions. So, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that he is with God now.

A special e mail message was sent out to the membership of IBM Ring 6 by current Ring 6 President Hunter Gaul which I have copied and pasted below so that everyone will know just how much Eric did for the group while he was with us. Rest in Peace, Eric.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Ring #6, DVCC Members

Re: Eric Paul's Service

It is with great sadness that we learn of Eric's passing. He provided our club with dynamic leadership as president from 2001 through 2005. Everyone who knew Eric both on and off stage could not help but be impressed by the unending flow of positive energy and enthusiasm he carried everywhere. His tenure as president invigorated both the club membership and the quality of the club's programs. We extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to his family during this difficult time.

Below are important details regarding Eric Paul's funeral service:

The viewing will be held at Campbell, Ennis, Klotzbach 610 South Main Street, Phoenixville, PA on Monday night from 6-8 pm.

The Funeral Service will be at Fairview Village Church of the Nazerene Tuesday at 11:00 am. There will be an additional hour of viewing at the church from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. There is a map to the church on their Web site.

Burial services will be immediately following at Limerick Gardens on Swamp Pike, Limerick and there will then be a luncheon immediately following back at the church."

Ed Schmitt will be conducting a Broken Wand Ceremony at the Funeral Service Tuesday morning.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I attended the wake last night. At 6:00 PM it was already crowded with people to pay their respects. It was a sad evening but I enjoyed looking at the photo montage on display.

I am a member of IBM ring 6 and can attest to the outstanding job Eric did as president. He personally helped me with my magic many years ago and for that I am very thankful. May he rest in peace.

Rich Baccare
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
160 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
I attended the viewing on Monday evening as well. Larry Reichlin, Peter Cuddihy, Ed Schmitt and Sam Sandler were also there while I was. We had to wait in line for over 30 minutes to "see" Eric. He was very involved in his Church and many of the visitors were from that group. I'm sure there were plenty of other magicians both that evening and at the funeral the next day.

Eric accomplished so much in his own career and he guided IBM Ring 6 with great energy during his term of office.

Marc DeSouza
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Keep Eric Paul In Your Thoughts Today (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL