The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Johnny Wong Super Triple Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello Folks,
For those of you that may have purchased this coin; How's it working out?
Are you using it in any routines?
What do you think of the coin itself?
Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Jim.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
I just received it, so I don't have much to report other then I think there is great potential and it seems to be a decent gaff quality wise.

Once I get a few days to play around with it, I'll try to get a better report/review in.
JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of JEAN EMMANUEL FRANZIS
Hi,

The triple coin is fantastic, why, because first it is a triple coin, then, if you think a little, you can use it as a flipper, a S....,etc,

Insted of having various gaffed, you can use one coin only.

I think it is a very powerfull coin, and quite unknown.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
One thing I have noticed that really hinders consistency in handling is the two of the three stick quite often and pretty hard at that! This is annoying to no end!
jimmyj
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of jimmyj
Hello Zaprig1,
I found the exact same thing. And with the same conclusions.
Here's how I fixed it.
I peeled off the "tape" from all 3 coins and replaced it with teflon tape I received from World Magic Shop in the U.K, with was sent to me free when I purchased from them a similar gaff.

The coins are now almost too slippery, but I'd rather have it this way.
It now requires a more delicate touch, but I'm personally happy with the results.
I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on where to pick up, if you're so inclined, this tape, but as I said, it was a freebie and it has come in handy.
I've even used it on one of my Triple Threats.
Works great.
Take care,
Jim
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Jim,

Thanks for the recommendation! I've a Split Coin from them, but they didn't send me any extra "free" tape, but this is by far the best tape for the job. My Split Coin is soooooo smooth and a joy to work with, so yes, I'd love to replace it with that exact tape, but don't want to wait 18 months to get some from the UK. Smile

I've heard that peeps here have used "Mouse Tape" for computer mouses. Can anyone say if this is the same stuff (textured and milky looking)?

It sure seems like 3M would make this as they make everything great, but I've not been able to verify or find it.

One of our coin workers here have to know where to get this stuff.....??? Anyone???

Thanks!
chazk
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of chazk
Check out "mousetape.com". Be sure to get it wide enough for the coin(s). The tape comes in strips and is not precut, but it is easy to trim after sticking the coin to it.
Sniper01
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Sniper01
Quote:
On 2009-06-22 12:20, chazk wrote:
Check out "mousetape.com". Be sure to get it wide enough for the coin(s). The tape comes in strips and is not precut, but it is easy to trim after sticking the coin to it.

The Mouse Tape I purchased on ebay was not a strip, but a sheet about 4" x 6". Worked great for me, and enough for many coins.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
787 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Same here Mouse tapes the B***s. Works like a dream man.
Close up coin magic.

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
triXter9669
View Profile
Loyal user
234 Posts

Profile of triXter9669
I have one problem with these coins. Although I think its a great gimmick, the tape is peeling for me on the edges. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
787 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 12:03, triXter9669 wrote:
I have one problem with these coins. Although I think its a great gimmick, the tape is peeling for me on the edges. Does anyone have any suggestions on this?
MOUSE TAPE . COM Get the three inch strip and that should do you well. Cheers. Just have to replace it now and then...
Close up coin magic.

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Thanks guys......Mouse Tape.com it is!!!
Magicdoc88
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Magicdoc88
The Gimmick coin is nice, and has lots of potential. but the DVD instruction is hard to understand, somewhat disappointed.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
309 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Instead of mouse tape how about the teflon discs used in shells... seems to be perfect for it.
bnburns
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of bnburns
That's the point- the mouse tape I've ordered seems to be identical to the "teflon discs" used in shells- except mouse tape is much less expensive than what a gaffer or magic shop will charge for "teflon tape"
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
309 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Mouse tape is not as slippery as teflon. I used the mouse tape in some other gimmicks with good results but later switched everything over to teflon. It's 9 bucks for a set of 10 discs. So for just under 3 bucks you can setup a set of coins. Not going to break anyone's bank Im sure.

I replaced the stock film with the teflon discs just today and wow what a difference. I had to spend some time getting the edges perfect but I'm happy with how it works and looks now.

Just a note - the teflon discs from Tango are NOT the same quality as the ones used by the good custom coin gaffers. The adhesive on the tango ones is not as powerful and I'm not certain just yet but I think they are a fraction thicker. They worked fine in this application but the super strong adhesive in the other teflon fabric would be ideal.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Johnny produces quality coins! The mouse tape I've ordered also seems to be identical to the "teflon discs" used in shells. Is there any alternativs?
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
Its one of the Best coin gaffs that I bought.There are so many different tricks
you can do with this.The DVD instructions are so fast and could be better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Johnny Wong Super Triple Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL