The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Business Card Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dluong
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of dluong
Does anybody have business cards pre-printed so that they are ready to perform your favorite Mentalism effect? Have you seen anyone else with business cards like this? Which effects are your favorite?
Rory Raven
View Profile
Special user
Providence, RI
514 Posts

Profile of Rory Raven
My new business cards, which I'll pick up in a couple of days, have my info on one side, and the 5 ESP symbols on the other (I'm old school). I'll simply ask someone to think of one of the 5 symbols, and I'll put a check mark next to the one I think they're thinking of ... you get the idea.

There's another use the symbols will be put to, but I won't go into that openly. PM me if need be.

Rory
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
visit www.roryraven.com today!
jameme
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
193 Posts

Profile of jameme
Yep
just with a subtle detail
you can have as many marked cards as you need
changing a just a letter in your Name to italic can be all your need

and I know is not mentalism
but my favorite business card effect
would be business cardiographic
I think is so daaaamn funny... I don't do it... but is my favorite
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
Equal as Rory Raven, I had 2 previus draws in my Bz
1. A deck of cards alla "52 in 1"
2. 5 ESP symbols

you can used with your business and learn "ESPecial Opener", the routine that I shared in the Café
bye!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Edward Cutting
View Profile
New user
I only have a measly
42 Posts

Profile of Edward Cutting
Hello dluong,

When I used to perform a mix of magic and mentalism, my business card had a healthy amount of graphics on it. My name was underlined by a solid line and directly underneath, a dotted line. The dotted line had 5 specific different patterns. Using this I often performed some sort of psychometry effect. Never messed up, nobody ever suspected the cards.

I now prefer my business cards to be kept a simple and elegant black and white with my name and contact information. However, cleverness is not excluded from this simple design. While I don't do any effects with my business cards now, I could, feasibly do something like the following for a telephone number.

t: xxx xxx xxxx
t: xxx.xxx.xxxx
t: xxx-xxx-xxxx
t: (xxx) xxx xxxx
t (xxx)-xxx-xxx

That's a simple example. There's things you can do with semicolons, periods, lowercase vs. capital letters. If you can do that with a "simple design" business card... imagine the possibilities with designed cards. I always leave the back of the business card blank so that if I ever want to do some impromptu mind reading I can easily use the back of the card to get people to write things and then gander at it in some form or another.

Again, many many many options.

Sincerely,

Edward Cutting

PS. If you have the money, buy Joshua Quinn's Conjunction. I don't have it myself but an acquaintance over at the local brick and mortar magic shop here in Toronto demonstrated it for me. I was, quite literally, floored. Just diabolical. It's more of a party trick in my opinion but in terms of party tricks, it's one of the absolute best.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Sankey has a new dvd on this subject. Some cool stuff in it.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 20:26, Vic Nadata wrote:
Sankey has a new dvd on this subject. Some cool stuff in it.

Yep he is the go to guy for this sort of thing.

I would encourage everyone to buy his stuff and perform just like him.

He is mentalism and his tricks are so cool.

J ack

H.o.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
759 Posts

Profile of leondo
Wow, What secrets you're giving away on a public forum!
T
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3160 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I am in middle of editing the instructions for one of the best business card effects you could ever want to perform.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 21:37, ElliottB wrote:
I am in middle of editing the instructions for one of the best business card effects you could ever want to perform.

I am not sure why one would.

But I amsure they do and it gives them joy to do so.

J ack

H.o.a-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
daghank
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of daghank
Why not? Business card mentalism can be very practical,better than carrying billets.
Oyama
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR.
1054 Posts

Profile of Oyama
My biz cards are blank on both sides. Its funny when they get home and my info has appeared on the cards they were just handed. No switch. How about that for an idea?

Aaron
"it's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Quote:

You already gave us a ton of them in Switchcraft. I keep one side blank and uncoated so I could do some of the effects from Switchcraft as well as others. There is no end to the amount of effects you can do from blank business cards. You may be limiting yourself by printing on both sides.

Steve
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3160 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thanks Steve. You're right, of course. Still, the one that is almost done is especially good. It will be in the next Switchcraft supplement, which will probably be sent out at some point next week...maybe Sunday.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2046 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I've used a variety of different business cards with different properties to do different things - laminated vs. not, printed vs. blank, textured vs. plain, etc. At one point I think I was carrying around four different kinds at once. It's all a matter of what you want to do with them.

I will humbly point out my own Conjunction effect as one of the (IMHO) coolest things you can do with a business card. It's not really mentalism, but it's not really magic either. However, it's a great thing to do as an introduction to either.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
dluong
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of dluong
Thanks for the advice everyone. Before I posted this I was going to do the ESP signs on the back of the card also.

Joshua, I have ParaLies and love it. I'm going to pick up Conjunction next, thanks for the hard work.
lejon
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of lejon
Quote:

I cant wait for that.... Smile elliott rocks.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Quote:
On 2009-06-17 21:51, Jim-Callahan wrote:
Quote:

I am not sure why one would.

But I amsure they do and it gives them joy to do so.

J ack

H.o.a-X

I am not quite sure how any of your comments contribute to this thread and answer the question posted?
Magoantonio
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Magoantonio
This works like a business card mentalism
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=11072
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Business Card Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL