We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card lapping help please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drkwiz
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of drkwiz
Can someone please recommend where I can read up on a particular sleight for lapping a card? I believe there is one method involving the hands coming together and the lower hand lapping the card. It almost looks like the two hands are squeezing the card into nothing. I love how this effect looks and would love to read up on it.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

drk
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Domonic Duviver on one of his videos demonstrates his technique , for me this is as good as it gets
pm me I will try and get the correct name of the dvd for you
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
Marlo also had some work on "Propelled Lapping" which kind of fits your handling above.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16346 Posts

Profile of tommy
Books on Slydini might be worth looking in to. And Lennart Green DVDs perhaps. But Vinny and Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari know best, I am just guessing.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2827 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2009-06-18 09:36, jcards01 wrote:
Marlo also had some work on "Propelled Lapping" which kind of fits your handling above.
Look in "Marlo Without Tears" by J. Racherbaumer for what jcards01 refers to.

Cardamagically,

Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
The Duvivier's trick is called 'Running gag' and you can find it in many of his past lectures notes and dvds.
chronica
View Profile
Loyal user
France 94 Vitry s/s
246 Posts

Profile of chronica
In fact he explains he wants to lap the 4 aces but it's always the full deck who disapears and he's never able to get rid of these ***ed 4 aces ! He tries many ways but still same problem ! It's really baffling,entertaining, and maybe the greatest original routine of Duvivier.
drkwiz
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of drkwiz
Thanks all! Very very helpful!

drk
Tortuga
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1072 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Check out Jon Racherbaumer's 'Card Finesse', pp. 106-109 item titled 'Au Courant Card Switch' which features Marlo-DAmico techniques on propelled lapping.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card lapping help please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL