The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SOUND WAVES - a new levitation by Chris Stolz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
http://www.dream-illusions.com/index.php......Itemid=9

The magician stands on his sound-speaker and begins to levitat!
- performes anywhere
- no special lightning or backdrops
- self contained

You can see also a demo-video of the new self-levitation!

There is no price at the moment.

Maybe Chris can answer a view questions:
- When will be SOUND WAVES available?
- What will be the price? Will it be expensive like a big illusion?
- Can it be only performed with a sound speaker?
WALTHER
bryanlonden
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
583 Posts

Profile of bryanlonden
I'd be interested in the answers to those questions as well...
NEW Conscious clothing to inspire yourself and others.

http://www.thisisdivisions.com
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Hi guys,

Sound waves is available now. Jack and I just spoke on the phone a few minutes ago and agreed on the initial price at $2500. (It's taken us a little time to get to this one while MotoBox was being finished up) This is introductory and may or may not need to change. This price will appear on his website soon.

The most important factor for me is that it can be used as your sound system during the entire show. I think this lends and incredible credibility to everything before you go into the actual levitation. It's the whole reason why I did a little dance when I thought of it. (Really, there was a dance. Ask my wife Smile)

All the components play a part, even the mic itself, in the levitation. They also look right together as...well...they GO together. For that reason, I think it works best as is with the mic, stand and speaker combo. That being said however, if you had something else in mind, let myself or Jack know.

I'm glad to hear that you like it. There is another video on the way which is more performance, less teaser.

I've got a ton of projects in the pipeline right now so I'm not able to spend as much time on the Café as I'd like to this month. Please do not hesitate to email me with any questions.

chris@stolzillusions.com

Best,

Chris
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Hey, I'm from mississauga too...
where do you perform?
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello,

Looks good for a VERY small act, with the PA system that I use for stage and platform this little amp would look very much out of place! It is just too small to be use anywhere other than maybe in a living room. I STILL wouldn’t use it because it is so small, why would a performer who is playing on a stage or platform use such a little amp?

I LOVE the idea of stepping up on something, but not a cheap looking guitar playing 10 watt amp. It would really catch my attention if the performer could step onto something else. When I play platforms I KNOW that people in the middle and back of the room cannot see me from the waist or knees down. So the idea of stepping up on something totally makes sense.

But to make this more appealing for those of us who perform for larger crowds, it would be better to use another device to step up on. As far as the microphone is concern, I really like using a hand held microphone, BUT dislike a cord! Who still uses a microphone with a cord?

I really think that it is a Great idea, just needs a different format to make me spend my money.

My 2 cents

Ray
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
873 Posts

Profile of gitty
Can I perform the levitation when I don't use a sound speaker on stage?
WALTHER
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
Ray:

The speaker will be slightly larger (and louder) than the one I have which is shown in the video. I will definitely mention the wireless mic idea to Jack, that's entirely possible! I prefer a mic with a cord for smaller shows. I use the cord, a LOT, for my pickpocket routine. It gives me some great byplay (and distraction) as I get it tangled around the spectators (intentionally).

It sounds like this one just doesn't fit your show. I know that for myself, this is the perfect setup for working fairs, corporate shows etc. This is exactly what I use for those smaller venues although sometimes I do add another couple speakers on the sides for extra coverage. For a full sized illusion show, I of course wouldn't use it. The purpose of this one is to give those smaller performers a levitation. For those who work larger stages...bust out the Asrah!

Walther:

I'm sure the speaker could be made to look like something else. I still think, as I stated above, that a speaker just makes the most sense as it fits right in with the mic and stand.

This is what I used in my show for years when working almost anything that wasn't a full theater.
entermagic
View Profile
Special user
903 Posts

Profile of entermagic
Good effect but 2.500$ is too high, just my opinion.

M.P
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
Very cool Chris.

Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
I remember about 3-4 years ago when Chris told me about it. Really great to see it finally come together, looks great, congrats to Chris and Jack, well done.

P.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8266 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2009, entermagic wrote:
Good effect but 2.500$ is too high, just my opinion.

M.P

Have to agree. I’m also scared of heights.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SOUND WAVES - a new levitation by Chris Stolz (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL