The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your favorite prop to use in Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
B**n
Stealth Assin
Business cards
esp cards
and sometimes John Riggs's butterfly

Daren
Twitter @darjames
gshayes
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of gshayes
Boon,
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
836 Posts

Profile of e-man
Outlaw wallet.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
It seems to me that most of you guys underestimate the power of the inadvisable elastic loop. None of you mentioned it...

This is carrying props without carrying props and it has so many applications to KILL any place at any time.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6445 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 03:15, Roy wrote:
It seems to me that most of you guys underestimate the power of the inadvisable elastic loop. None of you mentioned it...


I know English is not your first language, but I still found the mistake of saying "inadvisable" instead of "invisible" here is pretty funny. As in, "It's inadvisable to use one of those loops on TV or the lights and a close up will catch what you are doing."
:rotf:

reg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Hi Greg.

It was just a spelling error.

I used loops at several TV shows and it did the job just fine.
Two things to consider beside the lighting are: the general background and my clothing.
The more vague and camouflaged - the better. Black background is not necessarily good.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
My index finger. It is used to point out things, direct myself and those around me, indicate key moments, and even conduct. There are so many things it can do.

Please note that I said index finger and not the one next to it. Although that one can say several things too, they are not always what I wish to say to the audience, not always. Smile

Tony
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 10:41, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
My index finger. It is used to point out things, direct myself and those around me, indicate key moments, and even conduct. There are so many things it can do.

Please note that I said index finger and not the one next to it. Although that one can say several things too, they are not always what I wish to say to the audience, not always. Smile

Tony


Tony,your comment is right on.It references an important form of communicative body language.
The index finger used properly can be as effective as a music conductors baton.

Rich
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 10:41, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
My index finger. It is used to point out things, direct myself and those around me, indicate key moments, and even conduct. There are so many things it can do.

Please note that I said index finger and not the one next to it. Although that one can say several things too, they are not always what I wish to say to the audience, not always. Smile

Tony


Are they for sale? Where can I buy one?
:)
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Higley has a few for sale. Smile
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 12:45, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Higley has a few for sale. Smile


LOL
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Image


The Mindreading Helm
More here: http://www.biotele.com/mind_readers.html
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Lol.... what the heck. now where talkin Smile
Twitter @darjames
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Don't let Christopher see this thread...
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3824 Posts

Profile of The Curator
My favorite mental prop, not practical for table hopping but so cool...

Image


And the anti-mentalist helmet.

Image
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
A pencil
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Cristobal
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaga (Spain)
288 Posts

Profile of Cristobal
Loops, Haunted Key, SAW,...

And I have some fun with the BIP. A little tip: before the design revelation I do the triangle/circle force to another person. At the end, if both espectators thought in the same shapes you have a nice hit.
rbattle
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of rbattle
SAW

Robert
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 13:52, The Curator wrote:
My favorite mental prop, not practical for table hopping but so cool...

http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/cont......ebro.jpg

And the anti-mentalist helmet.

http://www.linternaute.com/sortir/cinema......eto1.jpg


Priceless.

Luke
Sting
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Sting
Quote:
On 2009-06-20 13:52, The Curator wrote:
My favorite mental prop, not practical for table hopping but so cool...

Image


And the anti-mentalist helmet.

Image



There are some great PK effects you can pull off with that latter prop. The subject can even examine your hands before, after, and during the effect. It's that clean! Nobody will guess that the method is concealed in your very DNA.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Your favorite prop to use in Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL