The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a cool name for a new DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Roy Rage
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
ROYal Mentalism
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
RoyoR

Then again, how about "13 Steps to Mentalism" -- you could sell a few with that title.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
"Ten from Two"
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Rnr two times 5 toughts
Tjernobyl
View Profile
Regular user
Denmark
120 Posts

Profile of Tjernobyl
Double Roy
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Perhaps 'Two state solution'
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
** MENTAL R&R **

(Roy: in American slang, R&R means Rest and Relaxation, though here it means Roy and Roy.)

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
jameme
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
193 Posts

Profile of jameme
Da Royz: Hip Hop Mentalism
hahahaha not!

I second the motion of the ambigram
that way it can be ROY.. with the last name on the bottom if you turn it around is also roy but with the other last name on the bottom
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 06:50, Alel wrote:

Dual ROY(e)alities (or Dual ROY(e)ality)

It could go like this:

DUAL ROY(E)ALITIES: 10 CHOSEN Mental Mysteries from Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman.

(notice the reference to Israel.)

IMHO, you are going to have to go a long way to beat "Dual Roy-alities" or any derivative of Alel's great contribution as the title of the DVD.

Visually, I'd suggest having that be the title and then underneath that have a picture of one Roy looking into a full length vertical "mirror" and the other Roy as the "reflection" looking back. Have the mirror vertically plumb but at an approximate 30 degree "outward" angle (like the open pages of a book) so that both the Roys can be seen "together" (like have one Roy's left hand touching the "mirror" where the other Roy's right hand is. Above the one outside the mirror, have the word Roy and for the one inside the "mirror" have the word YOR (Backwards image of ROY) Have each Roy mimicking the same body posture of the other. Use an pallindrome not an ambigram; a pallindrome will stand out better and be easier to recognize and interpret.

Now, that said, if each of the Roys contributed an equal number of effects, the title might be "Duel Roy-alities" and both Roys might be dressed as gunslingers or some type of "combatants" (even if only armed with a clipboard or billets).

Instead of the Duel Reality combantants' posture and theme, if you were, instead, going for the more typicl "Dual Reality" theme, you can have each Roy kind of looking into/out of the "mirror" in wonder and/or puzzlement (and tentatively reaching out and/or touching the fingers of the hand of the other Roy as each "explores" the reality he sees in the mirror.

Just, IMHO, your mileage may vary.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hello Mike.How are you my friend?

Mike,you have unique talent for creative analysis.You should be writing commercial advertising.

My best.
Rich
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
How about Royal Pains in the Ass? lol. Seriously, some of the other posters have had some good ideas and even some are catchy.
MM
Butler # 254
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 17:59, RicHeka wrote:
Hello Mike.How are you my friend?

Mike,you have unique talent for creative analysis.You should be writing commercial advertising.

My best.
Rich

I'm fine, Rick. Thank you for the comments.

BTW, I cannot get the thought of railroad tracks out of my mind. (the RR just keeps drawing me towards railroad tracks.) Mayvbe a title of the straight line (or track) to hard-hitting mentalism. Maybe have a train engine just about to crash into the endline of the station (the roundhouse?) and, in a mirror have ht perspective of the train about to enter the empty stage.

I discarded that idea when I saw Alel's excellent "Dual Roy-alities" word play.

I'm not suggesting that the RR track and the Dual Roy-alities cannot be used together but, I think they convey incongruous images and, as such, convey a discordant image. I'd have to think about the synthesis of the two a little more, but, my initial reaction is to use one or the other and Alel's Dual Roy-alities is the far better choice.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
"Roy-Vay" The Mentalism of Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
"ROYEURISM"
Take a "peek" at the intimate mysteries of Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman:

effect 1
effect 2
effect 10

Effects so fascinating, you won't be able to look away!

Something along those lines. And the DVD cover could be somebody with an expression of amazement peering from behind a stage curtain observing the 2 Roys in their act.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2261 Posts

Profile of dmoses
"Royale with Cheese!"
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
T-shirts for Magicians and Mentalists
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
"The NEW Mentalism of Roy and Roy"
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
How about Jonathan Royal strikes again lol. The guy cracks me up.
MM
Butler # 254
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Thank you all for your wonderful ideas. I really appreciate it.
If you have any more ideas, feel free to pots it or PM.
I'll process your ideas with Yozevitch in few days.

Someone PMd me asking what are the effects in the DVD.
Here is the list of the effects (the temporary cover attached). Hope it can help to think of some more good ideas for the DVD name:

Folded card in mouth – This is Roy Zaltsman's long standing opening act, which never ceases to confound the audience!

Stiff arm – Truly a case of mind over matter in this self persuasion effect; you won't believe it until you try it!

Q 4 U 2 - Two impromptu versions of the 'Question & Answer' effect. No dummy billets needed!

Annemann's Modified Switch, Zaltsman-style – Perform the famous one-handed switch, rapidly and right in front of their eyes!

Feminine intuition – Predict a randomly selected volunteer and the object which she thought of.

Just in your mind – A spectator visually selects a card, only to find that the card was never in the deck, but in his pocket all along…

Divine numbers – begin by revealing a sum of an unknown list of numbers written by the spectator, and top it off with a surprising prediction at the end.

Two secrets - A real magician-fooler! The mentalist proves that he knew in advance which card the spectator would pick and its exact location in the deck.

Headline prediction – learn the real work on a classic strong version of the effect by Roy Yozevitch.

Places – 7 chairs, 7 volunteers, exact match, and a prediction with a twist…

Click here to view attached image.
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2041 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Gotta agree with "DUAL ROY(E)ALITIES" or some variant thereof. Great idea.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a cool name for a new DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL