The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a cool name for a new DVD (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
483 Posts

Profile of Roy
Mrmysticmike, your "Roy-Vay" phrase caused me to ROFL!

:)
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
483 Posts

Profile of Roy
Mrmysticmike, as a second thogth, we can call it: Roy-a-broch
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 18:10, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 17:59, RicHeka wrote:
Hello Mike.How are you my friend?

Mike,you have unique talent for creative analysis.You should be writing commercial advertising.

My best.
Rich

I'm fine, Rick. Thank you for the comments.

BTW, I cannot get the thought of railroad tracks out of my mind. (the RR just keeps drawing me towards railroad tracks.) Mayvbe a title of the straight line (or track) to hard-hitting mentalism. Maybe have a train engine just about to crash into the endline of the station (the roundhouse?) and, in a mirror have ht perspective of the train about to enter the empty stage.

I discarded that idea when I saw Alel's excellent "Dual Roy-alities" word play.

I'm not suggesting that the RR track and the Dual Roy-alities cannot be used together but, I think they convey incongruous images and, as such, convey a discordant image. I'd have to think about the synthesis of the two a little more, but, my initial reaction is to use one or the other and Alel's Dual Roy-alities is the far better choice.

Mike

See 'Mick'.... I inspired you to go on a completely different tangent.[with the RailRoad idea...I like it!]
I called you 'Mick' because you called me 'Rick'...and I know you just hit the wrong key[like I often do]. LOL...just funnin'

BTW:Overall I like Roy-Vay...it's kitchie.

Rich
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Sorry for the typo, Rich. My bad.

The reason I liked the RR (railroad sign and track) theme was because I thought that Roy and Roy might like th ol' RXR crossing warning sign where the RXR is inside of the round yellow warning sign. See sign #1 at: http://www.oli.org/education_resources/rail_signs.htm See also sign #2 at the beginning and the sign #1 that is towards the middle where the "Railroad Crossing" words are in an "X" shape and the words "2 Tracks" is posted immediately below that. The "2 tracks" wording and symbolism kind of seemed neat to me because it could be used to emphasize the two parallel independent tracks (i.e., a "Roy" and a "Roy") that were both driving towards the same final destination (the DVD end result of a synthesis of great and powerful mentalism).

I dunno. Probably not too great an idea. You'd have to have been there, I suppose......... (grin)

Just, IMHO; your mileage may vary.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Yea Mike...I like the RXR sign.Of course X is the Roman Numeral for 10.
So RXR makes sense.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
483 Posts

Profile of Roy
Hi Guys,

Yozevitch and I want to thank you for your effort thinking of a name for our new DVD. You had good/fun/creative ideas, but we finally decided to stick with our initial DVD name.
We do however want to give a free DVD for one of you, So we'll take a decision and
publish it here.

By the way, The DVD will be out for my British lecture tour in July:
13.7 - Chester
15.7 - Bolton
20.7 - Manchester
21.7 - Blackpool

If you happen to be around, I recommend you to join in.
contact me for more details.

Roy
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
483 Posts

Profile of Roy
Hi Guys,

The DVD is ready! it was a long hard working month and a half since Roy Zozevitch called me and said: "Yo Roy, Do you want to make a DVD together?"
Now, the idea became reality.

Thank you all for your great suggestions for the name of the DVD. Finally we decided to simply call it: "The Roy DVD".

Special thanks to Magic Café user - Alel that thought of the 'Dual ROY(e)alities' and 'Dual ROY(e)ality' idea, which many of you seemed to like. He also designed the ROY Ambigram which became the DVD's logo. For that we've put his name at the DVD's credits and we send him our first copy with a big THANK YOU.

Roy Zaltsman

Click here to view attached image.
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
All the best for you and your work!
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3226 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Where can we buy it?

Elliott
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Dang, I was going to suggest Oy Vey the Roy Way just to stay with the theme but saw Royvey. Great minds.

If your market is the younger people just make sure to put the word Ghost in the title and have a trailer of nothing but girls screaming.

when I release my DVD I'm calling it: The Bad Girls are in Lower Haifa But The Best Food is in Upper. What do you think?
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
483 Posts

Profile of Roy
MagicSanta,

Roy-vay made me laugh for hours....
and all the Café members who wrote suggestions for the DVD name were creative.

The DVD is for magicians and mentalist who perform and make money. We gave really good ideas, touches and techniques with no holding back. We (almost) sorry for teaching some of the routines....

Even the younger people will find cool ideas like the ('Ghost') Stiff arm routine...and you can see my gym instructor (almost) scream when I perform it to him in the DVD.

By the name of your next DVD, I can bet that you were in Israel before.... Some of the best looking young women are living in Haifa (also in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv).
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
I'm glad you liked the ambigram Roy!
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
483 Posts

Profile of Roy
Alel, you did a great job! You will be happy to see how we applied it through all the DVD.

Look who got a copy Smile

Click here to view attached image.
Alel
View Profile
Special user
Bay Area
668 Posts

Profile of Alel
Quote:
On 2009-07-10 13:21, Roy wrote:
Alel, you did a great job! You will be happy to see how we applied it through all the DVD.

Look who got a copy Smile

Haha!
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Playing on the Roi = King thing again... we could have...

King's X - The Mentalism of Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman
King's X2 -

A Pair of Kings -- The Mentalism of Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman
Stereo-ality -- The Mentalism of Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman
Two Roys in search of thoughts, Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman
Split Roy-ality - The Mentalism of Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman

X, Y, and Z -- the eXtraordinary Mentalism of Roy Yozevich and Roy Zaltsman
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Mind DestROYers.
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
483 Posts

Profile of Roy
Cool, but now the DVD is ready, so coming with more names would be pointless now until we'll issue the next DVD (and we think about it seriously).
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Yup, been to Israel, loved it. My brother in law is from one town over from Haifa.
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
264 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
How about : "Rolroyze Mentalism" by Roy Yozevich & Roy Zaltsman ...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a cool name for a new DVD (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL