The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Sacred, The Child Conjuring Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
scody
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of scody
Ok, I've been waiting to write a review on this sucker for awhile. I wanted to give it enough practice to really find the kinks. Truth is... I can't find any. To me, this is a clean, full scale illusion for an absolute steal.
Packflat (mine whole setup with screen and all is only a little bigger then my closeup case), very easy to use and learn, and is absolutely an incredible opener. Think about it... a man walks out on a big stage... then, boom... there's a kid. Completely self contained, and the angles are gorgeous.

Scott has been extremely receptive to helping me out too. Ideas, tips... etc. This is top notch service.

From an independent reviewer, this is big magic for a very small price!
I'll throw up some video soon.

If I didn't have it today, I'd buy it today.
For what it is, what it does, and what it costs... 10 out of 10.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I just got one and while I haven't used yet, I don't think I would say it is 100 percent angle proof . . . more like 80 percent (still pretty good, but you do have to pay attention). I'm looking forward to seeing if my 5-year-old daughter will cooperate with me for this.

Todd
Josho
View Profile
Special user
Albany, New York
758 Posts

Profile of Josho
I've got this and I love it. I'm working on it with my 3-year-old (!) who may be a LITTLE too young to pull it off for her upcoming 4th birthday. I'm also working on making the pole collapsible to a certain extent, so that it appears to be even smaller when I first come out.

Peter was VERY helpful with a problem I had seeing the photos in the instructions (they're rather small, at least for my tastes). That is the ONLY flaw -- and it is an incredibly minor one -- I can find with this effect and methodology.

Josh
Peter Loughran
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ontario, Canada
2683 Posts

Profile of Peter Loughran
Thanks for taking the time to write the review comments on this guys. Scott has really made this type of illusion very easy to do! Josh, thanks, my pleasure.

Peter.
Brand New: - SNAKE BITE ILLUSION
www.masterofillusions.ca

Follow me on Facebook:
https://m.facebook.com/peter.loughran.9

Check out my new movie:
www.plasterrockmovie.com
www.globaluniversal.com

Also visit: www.l2fireworks.com
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
This sounds awesome; can't wait to hear more reviews Smile
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 19:16, Mumblemore wrote:
I just got one and while I haven't used yet, I don't think I would say it is 100 percent angle proof . . . more like 80 percent (still pretty good, but you do have to pay attention). I'm looking forward to seeing if my 5-year-old daughter will cooperate with me for this.

Todd

He just said the angles were gorgeous, not 100%.
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Thanks for all the great reviews. I really appreciate it.

And to be clear about the angles, they ARE gorgeous, but Sacred cannot be performed surrounded as described in the instructions and on the Demo video. Your typical theater/parlor type seating would give you the best angles. Your audience can be set up quite wide. This is NOT a "for-camera-only" effect, as some have asked in previous posts (some had to ask if it was a camera trick...the best compliment that I think we could get).

However, necessity is the mother of invention, so I wouldn't doubt that someone will come up with a way to perform this with unlimited angles.

Again, thanks for great reviews so far. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the illusion. Keep those reviews coming.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

Find them at: http://www.masterofillusions.ca/
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
How "encumbered" will the magician be after performing this, can you go right into the rest of your show?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
Also does this have to be done with a child and does height matter?
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Thanks for the questions.

Many of your questions are answered at this link:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&73

Briefly, there is some cleanup that you can choose to do right away, or Sacred is designed to allow you to delay the cleanup after you do few more effects if you so choose. So you are not "encumbered" after the effect, but you should clean up.

Sacred is designed to produce a child, but a small assistant is not out of the question. The weight of the child is more of a factor than the height. I perform this with my 2 daughters, one 7 year old, one 11 year old. My 11 year old is nearly 100 pounds and is 5'5". If you had an older assistant at about the same weight, but taller, you could do this illusion. People have thought of producing "little people" as it were. The same idea applies.
Scott Emo, co-creator of Fenced In Illusion - There's nothing better than breaking free!

And creator of Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion - Because there is nothing more magical than the creation of a child.

stijnhommes
View Profile
Special user
568 Posts

Profile of stijnhommes
In the description of the effect I read that the performer doesn't need any special abilities like superhuman strength. Are there any particular needs that apply to the produced kid?
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
MacGyver, to give you a reference, I'm 165 pounds 5'10". So I'm relatively skinny. Although I would like to think I'm superhuman with powers like The Hulk, I'm not. Sacred is designed to incorporate the body’s natural ergonomics, and allows you to hide a small child, yet move and appear unencumbered.

The child is not comnpletely passive in the illusion but it is easily performed by a child and the physics of the system allow the child to accomplish this with very little strength or effort. If the kid can play on a playground, then they can do what is required of them here. The smaller child in the video is now 7 years old, and was only 5 when I originally performed this illusion. The only other requirement from the child is that they need to be old enough to understand some simple directions. About age 4 is the youngest that I would go with, but there are some very smart kids out there.

MichaelOzMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Des Moines, Iowa
234 Posts

Profile of MichaelOzMagic
One last question I'm 5'10 would I be able to preform this with someone that is 5'8 she is close to my weight also?
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Magician4Life, The lesser the weight of the child (or assistant) being produced, the more flexibility and freedom you have in movement. I found that I could walk naturally with my 11 year old at nearly 100 lbs. There are some tips in the instructions to that cover freedom of movement for a heavier load. Everyone is different, so your own requirements and weight restrictions will differ from each individual. Producing someone your own weight would most likely decrease your freedom of movement to the point where the illusion would not be feasible. But again, everyone is different, so it could be possible. PM me if you'd like more details to see if this is right for you.

semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
I just heard that Steve Cody (AKA Haywire) will be performing Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion (and various other mayhem) at a place near Denver, CO. this weekend (July 17-18). If any of you are near by, you may want to stop in and see the fun. Here's the link with the info:

http://www.gohaywire.net/tickets/

Break a leg, Steve!!!

David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hay I saw the video Looks great!!! I liked the one on the st. best! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
scody
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of scody
I opened with Sacred this weekend...

I can't say enough about this illusionette. It's so perfectly designed... so small... so packflat... and, instantly turns you into an illusionist...

If you've ever wanted to get away from cardtricks, drooping flowers, prof nightmare, while on stage... this is the product for you..

Really.
And, if you don't have a kid... go get one.

wow... HUGE reactions Smile
mattjohnson
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
451 Posts

Profile of mattjohnson
Hi Guys,

Matt Johnson here writing on tour from California. I am on tour with my good friend Tony Chris having a great time, drinking too much and loving the road trip food.

Our first stop on our lecture tour was at the Magic Garage in Cupertino (San Fran). We were due to lecture & perform in the stage show. It was a great surprise to learn that we were to be on the same stage as Scott Emo as both Tony & myself had seen Scott's Scared illusion online.

We were excited to see the illusion live & to see if it lived up to the hype.....It did!!! It was great!!!! Scott walked on stage carrying nothing more than a cloth over his shoulder & BAM produced his daughter! It was an awesome thing to see!

I am sure Tony will post here too but from me all I can say is FANTASTIC! Great illusion that packs small and plays really BIG! Way to go Scott.

Cheers,

Matt Johnson
semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
Thanks for the post, Matt. What a blast that show was with you guys. Great fun. You guys rocked the house.

On another note:

To the Owners of Sacred,
I was playing with the "non-integrated" version of Sacred and I was exploring the best way to clean up. Although multiple cleanup methods are dicussed in the instructions, I typically use the integrated version and use clean-up #1 on page 5.

For this show with Matt (due to the effect I was doing next) I needed to use the "non-integrated version". I discovered a 1-second cleanup method that allows you to continue wearing your jacket. This is a new concept that is NOT in the instructions. And I'd like to share that with owners of the effect.

If you own Sacred, please PM me and I will PM back with this new method. To ensure secrecy, and so I know you own Sacred, please type in your PM the first word that appears on page 7 of the instructions.

Thanks for your continued support. And trust me, this method is worth cracking open the instructions.

semo
View Profile
Loyal user
San Jose, CA
300 Posts

Profile of semo
I performed Sacred - The Child Conjuring Illusion last night in Oakland to a packed house of about 125 people. I used the new cleanup method I described in a previous post as well as the non-chair method. But rather than producing my daughter standing on the floor (as in the demo video), I kneeled down and she appeared sitting on my stretched out knee (think marriage proposal stance). It looks very nice and an endearing pose for a father/daughter effect. This method of production is not in the instructions so I figured I'd share it with you here on the Café.

A photographer was there taking shots, so if I can get hold of the pictures, I'll post a few.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Sacred, The Child Conjuring Illusion (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL