The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Phone brand affects reception quality? Please help! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Guys I was wondering if any body here has any technical knowledge about this topic.

I own the new model Razor phone, but it seems when I'm talking to my girlfriend and she is using her Samsung, (She lives in Arkansas and I in Indiana) the reception is lousy. In fact it just plain stinks. The consonants come out muffled or garbled but the vowels are fine. Still it makes it very difficult for me to distinguish what she is saying, causing me to have to constantly ask her "What? Could you repeat that? " Very frustrating, and not at all conducive for a romantic evening of
phone talk .

But it seems when she used her son's Razor phone it was much clearer. (Unfortunately the Razor broke so we are back to the Samsung)

Is Samsung a piece of junk, or I am I just imagining this??

Sometimes I'd like to take her phone and toss it in the lake or something.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Voldemort
View Profile
Special user
Florida
562 Posts

Profile of Voldemort
I have a Samsung that is my company cell. I can verify that, at least the model I have, is a piece of junk. I don't even get good reception on this phone. When I'm at my house I have to go OUTSIDE to talk on the thing. My wife has the same carrier and her phone (Which is a Motorolla) works fine. She has full bars in the house and I have none on the Samsung.

Now I don't want you to think that I live out in the middle of nowhere. I don't. I live in a higly populated metro area.

If my Samsung wasn't the company's, I'd trash the thing.

V.
"Flight from death"
Buy the WILD AT HEART e-book to help Rachael Columbini here: http://www.lybrary.com/wild-heart-p-76110.html
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Were both phones attached to the same cell phone account?
Asking as some companies have better cell are coverage than others.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2009-06-19 21:58, Voldemort wrote:
I have a Samsung that is my company cell. I can verify that, at least the model I have, is a piece of junk. I don't even get good reception on this phone. When I'm at my house I have to go OUTSIDE to talk on the thing. My wife has the same carrier and her phone (Which is a Motorolla) works fine. She has full bars in the house and I have none on the Samsung.

Now I don't want you to think that I live out in the middle of nowhere. I don't. I live in a higly populated metro area.

If my Samsung wasn't the company's, I'd trash the thing.

V.

Thankyou! That begins to add strength to my theory.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Phone brand affects reception quality? Please help! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL