The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My favorite Talker... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
The one and only...C.M. Christ...

Click here to view attached image.
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I'll try it Again...

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Once again C. M. Christ...(I Hope)

Evel Knievel

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Neandro is great.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Chris is the best, "Well, well, well..."
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

I said Chris is my Favorite...The "Best" would open a debate that would go on for years if not Decades...But while we are at it...Jimmy Long is my Favorite "Tent Boss"....
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Jamie Leee Curtis had my favorite rack.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
Does anybody here remember a guy by the name of George Ice from the 60's. He was a really strong talker.

Don
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1672 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
John Bradshaw and Ward Hall.
Diane Faulk gets extra points for the best line ..... "we have a bathroom"
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
"Best" was used loosely, What I meant was that Chris is also one of my favorites, he really is amazing especially when he starts having fun and ad libbing.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Does anyone remember Ted LaVelda on the old Famous Cole Circus Sideshow? Great talker. Another fine talker is Johnny Meah.

And the great voice of Wayne Kaiser(Ross M) is always a pleasure to hear. he does a terrific job with those grind tapes on his ballycast Cd. GET one if you don't have it.

Rod Pringle
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Doug, My Favorite was Gloria Grahame in GSOE....In fact sometimes I holler "Angel, ANGEL!!" at my Girlfreind...however, with very limited results....
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
How about Virginia Bell...no wait...has to be Dianne Weber....HELLO Nurse!

I was a talker (though in the topless night clubs we were Barkers...uhg.) in North Beach in the late 60's. I slammed 'em in like pretty good because of my Coney and sideshow experiences...hell, it was just another Girl Show...my voice would FROG up some nights and and it got pretty funny. In fact I got 'discovered' in front the of El Cid and that's how I got into Radio...anyway the story is one night I had this terrible head ache...so Art the mgr brings me this pill and some water...I drop the pill...about 5 hours or so later, I'm sitting in the club without a clue...it was like I'd been abducted by aliens...Art says..."I'm gonna give you that sh!!t every night! You jammed 'em in here!"

Now I have no clue what I did or said...turns out this moron had given me some psiliciden (don't know how to spell it)...mushroom stuff...so what ever it was I did and said it worked and packed the joint! I never will accept an asprin from even my Wife after that stupid move.

Exploits in that scene would fill a book...I just might write it up someday.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
You North Beach talker were the best. I remember hearing you guys when I was a kid on vacation with my family. My parents kept me moving past those clubs, so I never got to stick around long enough for my taste. By the time I move to SF in the late 70s, the glory days of the talkers were over.

The doormen at the clubs in NYC are nothing, but a couple of the DJs have some great lines. "Guys, if you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your misery."
cairo
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of cairo
My first time in New Orleans I couldn't believe how effective the talker in front of a female impersonator place was. As virile young men we were a little repulsed by the idea of it, but this talker somehow got us and about a million others in on the idea that it would be hilarious, and it was. "They're all boys, boys, boys..."
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
As sordid as the job was, it was also interesting as well. In those days, there was a real band in most clubs (the good ones) and actual acts (though most were trumped up). I started there as an Esacpe act. One night, I worked the door as a favor and the 'bosses' (Believe me, they WERE the 'Bosses') made me an offer I couldn't refuse. (Yeah...kind of like that.) The money was better and since I was only doing the Escape stuff to eat (not from being any good at it) I moved to the 'Door'. I also got to move from my CRUMMYy room at the Swiss American Hotel to a nice new efficiency apt. over the Pepperment Tree. Considering who and what I was working for, (It is a Little Italy after all) I'm glad they liked me. (they thought I was a N.Y. character)...This was befoe it got really disgusting and truely at the time the 'Show' meant something. Sometimes I worked the Lights at one of the fancier shows and I was even able to re-invent my old 'Frostbite the Clown' Act for an odd little show called 'Nudes On Ice'. Comedy 'Pick Pocket' Ricky Dunn was in that one.

The 'Nudes' amounted to two girls who could barely stand up on skates who were topless with big feather head dresses ala Vegas. It was a lot of fun. (Especially in the dressing rooms. heh heh)

So many good stories...'The $49 Suit'...'The African Raven'...'Rodney Dangerfield gets 'had'..The arrival of The God Father'...Carol Doda and the 'other' Girls...a gun to my head (literally)...Getting to know Anton Lavey...'The Samoans...18 Cent Hot Dogs...The Repo Man expedition...The Waitresses, (definately R rated.)..the Club 'community'...The night I got 'stuck' in the Straight Jacket...The night a 'Big Star' Escape Artist made an ass of himself (and me)...The 'Birth' of Bottomless...My being held 'hostage' by 'The Boss'...The street characters, "Julius Caesar", The neighborhood pickpocket who also entertained us as he plied the marks...The Hookers and the beat cops...The Bouncers...The managers (all Damon Runyon characters)...Incedents with THE Stars, Rickey Nelson, Jackie Vernon, Lou Rawls, Rodney D, Dick Clark, Hell's Angels...Jim Brown...Janis Joplin...

I tell ya, for the short time I worked there it was packed with LIFE...most of it having nothing to do with 'Naked Co-eds LIVE On Stage!'
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Ah--north beach, I can taste the stale cigarette smoke and smell the old beer...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
'Our' clubs didn't have those 'no class' attributes. We were bright and shiny, sparkled with great rock and roll bands, Well heeled Couples and gentlemen of note, FRESH booze, be-u-ty-ful girls, suits and ties and only the occasional drunk tossed out on his ass. (very occasional) Of course that all changed in the 70's. Too bad.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Well you are a dozen years old than me..so I didn't get there until the 70s...Sorry I missed ya, but I was sucking my thumb in grade school and trying to figure out long division and why I would want to add and multiply letters of the alphabet
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
So...nothing's changed trhen huh?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » My favorite Talker... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL