The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Martinka Chairs illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Does anyone know where to get Martinka Chairs or who creates this illusion?
Many thanks,
BEN
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
It is very old and the main supplier is in Germany. However, Owen magic, I believe, still makes them. Joe Porper makes a mini version to do on a table top.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2009-06-21 13:18, Pete Biro wrote:
It is very old and the main supplier is in Germany. However, Owen magic, I believe, still makes them. Joe Porper makes a mini version to do on a table top.

I heard that Joe Porper's version is not the same gimmick.
any review?
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Still looking for...
imarc
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of imarc
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:

Thanks for ur information.
BEN
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Be careful with Magic-factory!
They builds a lot of rip offs & you don't always get what they show on you the picture!
The chairs are build by zauberzentrale Munich :
http://zauberzentrale.de/shop/product_in......s_id=303
I've seen them up close & they are very well build!
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2009-07-08 14:14, Rafael (Belgium) wrote:
Be careful with Magic-factory!
They builds a lot of rip offs & you don't always get what they show on you the picture!
The chairs are build by zauberzentrale Munich :
http://zauberzentrale.de/shop/product_in......s_id=303
I've seen them up close & they are very well build!

Thanks a billion.
BEN
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
Owen has chairs in stock. Talked to Gertrude a few weeks ago regarding their availability and they have one set in stock, possibly more, but her computer inventory did show one set.
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Magic-Factory has the lack of brains to call it "PIT SIT" which was the intellectual property of Peter Pit and sold to Geno Munari.
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Quote:
On 2009-07-13 13:38, Pete Biro wrote:
Magic-Factory has the lack of brains to call it "PIT SIT" which was the intellectual property of Peter Pit and sold to Geno Munari.

That's just so incredibly tacky and unethical. I have the table top version by Joe Porper which is really very nice.

jeff
rocky clements
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of rocky clements
I have a set of the Owen chairs and highly recommend them. I don't know what the cost comparison is to the German set, but from a quality standpoint, the Owen ones would be hard to beat.
taiwanben
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of taiwanben
Quote:
On 2009-08-04 00:45, The Great Smartini wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-07-13 13:38, Pete Biro wrote:

That's just so incredibly tacky and unethical. I have the table top version by Joe Porper which is really very nice.

jeff

Is table top priciple the same as stage one?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Mehanically yes. A Sh*ll.
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
Where did the topsy turvy idea come from? was that the original routine for the Martinka style chairs? I honestly have no idea.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
The Topsy turvy idea using the Martinka chairs came from Peter Pit & Flip
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
The Martinka Chair was originally used for a multiplying chair effect. Magician sitting in one chair on stage. Volunteer invited up to join him. Magician says "have a seat" and then looks around realizing he needs another chair. Standing, the magician picks up the chair by the back rail and swings it in an arc where it visibly "splits" into two chairs. Magician sits in one, volunteer in the other, proving the chairs are real and not collapsible. The effect was sometimes used as a "throwaway" effect when bringing up a committee from the audience to examine the Substitution Trunk or other audience-participation illusion. Still a good effect.

I remember seeing Peter Pit do the Topsy Turvy Chair in the Palace of Mystery at the Magic Castle back in the 80's. It was a great routine in his hands.
JoeC
View Profile
New user
Asia
59 Posts

Profile of JoeC
I always wondered about this effect too. Anybody have it being performed on video anywhere?

Last time I was in Owens Magic about a year or so ago, Alan said the multiplying chairs were not in stock - but could be made up by special order on request.
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
Joe Fairchild is making them. They are not on the web site yet. Give him a call.
JoeC
View Profile
New user
Asia
59 Posts

Profile of JoeC
Quote:
On 2010-10-27 22:34, John Bundy wrote:
Joe Fairchild is making them. They are not on the web site yet. Give him a call.

Ah cool... I am sure they will be great quality too and built to last!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Martinka Chairs illusions (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL