The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Glen
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of Glen
Greetings all,

I go to consignment shops etc. a lot an always see nice ornate boxes with lids that hinge and some that slide. Any great ideas on how to gaff them to create some good routines? I know they're out there. thanks, Glen
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Many different boxes lend themselves suitable for nested box effects. Some can be gaffed as flap boxes, mirror boxes, etc. I suppose it depends on what you want them to do. My experience is however, that it is usually easier to build what you want from scratch, rather than make an existing thing do the same job.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Glen,

I have the advantage of knowing both you and Michael Baker and you apparently haven't met.

Please let me introduce each of you to another gifted artist. You both have so much in common as artists you would not believe it. You are going to have to meet in real life. No joke! The world of magic would benefit.

You would even make good partners.

Until this post I would not have thought of that.

Michael will be scheming on my "heart" boxes to be converted into props for Lucy and my Elvira routine. The boxes came from a craft shop and will need modifications.

I'm glad I know both of you.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Perhaps we can get together in SC in January.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL