The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Forums support segregation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decibel33
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of Decibel33
This site is great, don't get me wrong. But because of it's vastness and endless foums and sub-forums, I can't help but feel there is a huge division between members. Close-up workers may rarely visit the "The Cellar" section and all the forums within. Or conversly, close-up workers may end up visiting 3 sections of the website just to stay connected to their area of magic.

(Example: "Pick a card...any card", "Show me the money" and "Close-Up Workers" could probaby be amalgamated to bring the forums closer together.)

And in the General Magic section, there is the "Not so magical, still..." forum, which is not really a general magic forum. I suppose it would be nice if there was a general magic forum dedicated to any and all discussion on magic. Period. A place for all members to hook up, and not just hang out with their "own". Just a suggestion. (This site is so large, I haven't even been to all forums yet...that's sad!)
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Decibel, thanks for your input. The forums on the Café are divided purposely to allow members to visit their areas of interest specifically. For example, many card workers do not practice coin magic. Therefore, we have segregated cards from coins. In your example, the chances of a member who specializes in close-up would probably not visit the cellar regardless of where it was located.

You've only been with us for a short time. As your experience grows, I'm sure you'll see the logic in the subdivisions we have set up. Granted, there maybe a bit of inconsistancy such as the Not very magical but... forum, but we've placed forums in what we feel are the most logical areas to make it easy for members to find them.

Originally the forums were somewhat merged together as you've suggested but by overwhelming approval, the separation of the forums to logical sections has been accepted and the correct thing to do.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Forums support segregation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL