We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Cole Bros. Is Coming (Tomorrow) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
The Cole Bros. Circus will be in a town very close to me (Rochester, MA) tomorrow and Thursday, June 25 & 25, 2009, and the family and I will be there!

We saw the show two years ago and it was a great experience. (I was hoping that visit wasn't going to be my daughter's first and ONLY chance to see a "real" circus under a tent.)

It's not as big as it was under canvas in the '70s when I saw it several times. (And as a tot in the '60s, I got to see Clyde Beatty himself once.) But it's certainly worth seeing.

No sideshow, unfortunately. . .
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
What a great show. There was a nice variety of acts presented with good pacing. Good high wire act, dog and pony act, aerial show including girls hanging from their hair, elephants and CAMELS. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the camel act: simple but very nicely presented. (The educated mule was cute, too.) The show begins with three motorcycles in the "Globe of Death" and ends with the Human Cannonball.

The only thing that could use work was the clowning. (I thought the same thing two years ago, too.)There were two clown sketches and neither was particularly well staged.

Great night out with my wife and daughter.
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
Bittertalker
View Profile
New user
Cape Cod
22 Posts

Profile of Bittertalker
I have tickets to see them on Saturday when they're in Plymouth.
Bittertalker
View Profile
New user
Cape Cod
22 Posts

Profile of Bittertalker
After seeing the show tonight I’ll have to agree with you about the clowns. Although I enjoyed the entire show immensely, I thought the weakest link was the two clown skits. There was some potential, I mean, at least in a burlesque-slapstick kind of way, but the jokes were forced, the timing was slightly off…and yeah. I liked the camels--my seats were directly in front of them. Waiting for the show to begin I sat there eating popcorn and watching the camel rides.

During the intermission I found it strange to see so many parents telling their children the show was over and walking to their cars to leave, despite the ringmaster saying in a joking sense not to go to your car since the show wasn’t over yet. I, on the other hand, was venturing to my car to get a sweatshirt for my girlfriend, but yeah.

Over all it was a very enjoyable evening.
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
When they come to Staten Island ,NY they can not use any animals. Some of the people across the street where they set up complained about the smell. I get denied that experence every year seeing an elephant or camel close up
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Bernie there is only one solution for you. Get the hell out of Staetn Island!!! (I did!)

Of course now I'm in Encinitas where the Circus of any kind is banned. Poop.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Bittertalker
View Profile
New user
Cape Cod
22 Posts

Profile of Bittertalker
Speaking of elephants, when I went there was one lone protester standing on the sidewalk in front of the parking lot dressed in an elephant costume and holding that a sign that read “circuses make me sad”.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Cole Bros. Is Coming (Tomorrow) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL