The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yet, another seance thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Since I have been on the Café I've seen many threads about what effects are good for seances or what books are good etc..
I have scripted two complete seances and finally have the 'effects' that I thought would bring everything full circle as I get ready to get the ads to the printer and online but, I just watched Lee Earle's lecture (video file) that comes as part of the Manifestations cd set and I am going to rethink things for a little while.

I believe my presentation is solid but can be made even more so by reconsidering. Lee performs something in the lecture that I haven't seen in print and I don't think many would understand the strength of good story telling to compliment a seance effect just by reading it. How many times has a veteran performer tried to explain this here at the Café? For those that have seen this video, I'm talking about the music box that Lee demonstrated. Wow!!

There are a couple of threads about the Manifestations set but I would strongly recommend getting the cd set if not for the lecture alone..very strong stuff!!
Jubin
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jubin
Quote:
For those that have seen this video, I'm talking about the music box that Lee demonstrated. Wow!!

I have not seen the video but I have read this routine. Believe me, even if it is read, it is really strong. I can surely believe those who have assisted to this routine have cried. (I hope I'm talking about the same seance! ;-) )
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-06-25 08:56, Jubin wrote:
Quote:
For those that have seen this video, I'm talking about the music box that Lee demonstrated. Wow!!

I have not seen the video but I have read this routine. Believe me, even if it is read, it is really strong. I can surely believe those who have assisted to this routine have cried. (I hope I'm talking about the same seance! ;-) )

To be quite honest, I watched the video on my computer with headphones on. My wife was sitting next to me so when I felt the tears start to well up I went into Rambo tough guy mode lol.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
876 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
I have the revised second edition of Manifestations on CD. Did the video come out on a later edition? I want to see it!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
The video is on the book/PDF disc.

As far as I know it is part of the CD version.

You'll love the video!!! And I'm not plugging for Mr. Earle Smile
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Here's a question (feel freed to pm me with an answer): When you buy the CD set, do you get to use the actual name "Manifestations"?

Lee
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2009-07-06 20:28, espmagic wrote:
Here's a question (feel freed to pm me with an answer): When you buy the CD set, do you get to use the actual name "Manifestations"?

Lee

Others may have the same question so I'll post here. 'All rights reserved...without the prior permission of Lee Earle and SYZYGY Press." That's all I could find. The book is a PDF and is an updated from the printed version. Maybe you could work something out with Lee Earle but with all the new stuff on the market now you could probably come up with your own seance.

The great thing about the CD set, and the tape set also I would assume, is that it gives some very good insight on what they did with their seance and some things to think about pertaining to audience management that you may have not considered before. I believe that today's audience expects something different although Manifestations would work just as well if presented the same way today. I have different ideas that do not require my own building and could be set up in a residence in a few minutes.

There is a thread where ghost hunting equipment was mentioned and this would add more flavor to what I am doing.

I think the seance show is ready to go wherever we want to take it and does not have to be a clone of someone else's successful show but we can build on things that have been done before and bring it into our time. Does this help?
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Is the CD set still available?
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
New Britain, Connecticut USA
30 Posts

Profile of KURT MOORE LARSON
JAlenS......I think you might be referring to Lee Earle's "The Musing Box"...an effect Lee had available at one time long ago and far away. This was a very powerful effect...I know having seen Lee perform this effect at a SAM 21 meeting the year before I was elected President of that Assembly. I liked it so much that I purchased it promptly after seeing Mr. Earle perform it. I also purchased the original version of "Manifestations" and headed down south with my "Haunted House / Seance / Bizarre Performance" of my own scripted material then came back north to Connecticut for a couple of years where I presented my own Haunted House in the Halloween Holiday Season for two years in Farmington...then I headed West to Montana for a couple of years before having a series of 5 strokes that leveled me for the past 3 plus years. I'm back...stronger than ever and I'll be doing this once again very soon. Then I hope to take my Comedy Magic and My Bizarreness to Denmark and and be with my girlfriend Gitte who lives in Struer. WOW...I got carried away...I just meant to say how powefull "The Musing Box" realy is...I've built more than 1/2 my magic career on the piece. There was more to it than that as you can well imagine. That piece is truly POWERFULL......just my opinion.
Kurt Moore Larson is "The Amusionist".
KURT MOORE LARSON
View Profile
New user
New Britain, Connecticut USA
30 Posts

Profile of KURT MOORE LARSON
I meant to say 1/5 of my magic career. I'm been doing this magic thing since I was 15...I'm 66 now. I hopr that's straight now...LOL......thx guys.
Kurt Moore Larson is "The Amusionist".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Yet, another seance thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL