The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Posted A Thousand Times (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Yes, I knpw this has been posted a thousand times, but what is the best coin effect (gaffed or not) to carry around with me for coin magic at a moments notice.

I know as a magician, cards are not that unusual to carry, or even dollar bills of course for a change or even two dollar window, but what is good to carry as far as coins go?
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
From harsh experience -- learn to do a dozen effects with borrowed quarters, or loose change and don't worry about carrying anything. The moment you ever depend on something being where you thought it was you are open for trouble. For me, fishing in a wallet for a special coin is suspect -- borrowed coins are always OK.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
879 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Agree with Funsway 100%
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Great Advice....I do a few things with ungimmicked coins, a coins across (flying eagles), which people love and are amazed by, can I get a few other ideas. I mean I own Bobo's, but don't quite know what plays well.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Carry a quarter sized ] with you and you'll always be ready to fry 'em!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Borrowed coins, as funsway threaded.

A real 'gem':
(Old David Roth effect. Sorry, can't remember the name. It's downstairs, somewhere?)

You borrow a quarter and a nickel.
After the display, you put both coins into the spec.'s hand, and assist closing their hand.

Have the spec. bring both of their hands behind their back.
Whilst behind their back, ask them to remove the quarter, by putting it into their
other hand.
Ask them to close both hands.
Have them bring both hands to the front, back of their hands are facing upwards.
You now put your hand underneath the hand that is holding the 'quarter' and have them release this coin into your hand.
You make a magical gesture by touching your hand to their other hand and ask, did they feel anything?
They will say, only you touching their hand.
Ask the spec. since you have their 'quarter', what coin is remaining in the other
hand?
They will say the nickel.
You display the nickel (in your hand) and have them open up their hand.

What a 'BEAUTY'.

Have fun!

Warmest regards, Smile

Sixten
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Yes, it is a beauty...I know it with a copper and silver coin, but not a quarter and a nickel. Can you elaborate? Can anyone elaborate, my email address is obsidian52@gmail.com

Keep those cards and letters, oops I mean ideas coming. I hope I'm not the only one benefiting by this, but if I am, Thanks
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Check out http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=6113873

for the simplist of all coin vanishes -- profound
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Practice the Utility Switch in BoBo until you can do it with any small object. That will ad a dozen effects to your repretoire

Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Quote:
On 2009-06-24 20:17, obsidian52 wrote:
Yes, it is a beauty...I know it with a copper and silver coin, but not a quarter and a nickel. Can you elaborate? Can anyone elaborate, my email address is obsidian52@gmail.com

Keep those cards and letters, oops I mean ideas coming. I hope I'm not the only one benefiting by this, but if I am, Thanks

Just elaborated, via p/m.
Enjoy!

Sixten Smile
p.s./funsway, thanks for that link. Wonderful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Posted A Thousand Times (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL