The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Holy smoke! Good magician shown on Americas Got Talent! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1619 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Actually, I agree -- Drew, you should interview Marti. We would all make sure to tune in.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Make sure you do it from the angle of being the greatest magician ever to appear on AGT, believe me, he'll make your day.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1619 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Hey, Dodd, sorry -- I mistyped your name!
CardiniMan
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
169 Posts

Profile of CardiniMan
Drew did a great job! Can't wait to see what he's got planned next.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Hehe... Really?

Interview Marti?

I dunno if I want to be responsible for stoking the fire that is that ego.

Just posted our interview with Jay Mattioli though. ENJOY
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Was Jay the nice fellow with the lovely wife in glasses who almost didn't make it but did and rightfully so? I was distracted when he was on but was rooting for him.--
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Ahhh.. no.. that was Joseph Constantine.. I'll have his interview online this week as well. Jay was the younger of the three. I posted a video with the latest interview as well if you'd like to see him perform.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Thank you, I may have missed him.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Is there a prize if you know how many times Jay Mattioli says the words "you know" during the interview? Smile (oops!... I did it myself)
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
The evil 'you know'. When I did puppets many years ago we were prohibited from saying 'you know' and I have stopped using that expression ever since.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1914 Posts

Profile of Randwill
I have a 'you know' or two in my scripts. I believe it makes me sound like I am saying my patter extemporaneously.

Randwill
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2585 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
Quote:
On 2009-07-15 00:09, MagicSanta wrote:
The evil 'you know'. When I did puppets many years ago we were prohibited from saying 'you know' and I have stopped using that expression ever since.

lol... For good reason!

These "fillers" are typically used when our brain is trying to catch up with our mouth when we can't formulate what to say next, so using an excess of these phrases can portray the speaker in a less than favorable light.

There's also the urban equivalent "ya know what I'm sayin' " which is typically what some people say when they don't know what they are saying.

There is an art to creating a script that has the illusion of spontaneity and it's very valid. I do find that people that overuse certain expressions don't portray themselves as well as it just comes from lack of experience in speaking in a public forum.
Ray Pierce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Holy smoke! Good magician shown on Americas Got Talent! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL