The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn - UK Money (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
Hi,

I live in the UK, and so it really makes no sense for me to perform with US dollars. So, after purchasing Extreme Burn, I made the gimmick up by cutting pieces of blank paper and making the gimmicks with £20 notes.

The problem - its far too big. You cannot handle the money smoothly because they are too wide to get a grip on the notes.
I know US Dollars are a lot smaller in thickness, width and length. This obviously makes the handling easier.

Another thing about the dollars is that they are cream / off-white. Our notes are very white and so the edges become more visible and harder to conceal as one note.

The thickness is also a big problem when trying to hide the load. This is amplified by the notes being so wide you cannot surround them with your palm - a side is always sticking out.

Another problem I have is hiding the gimmick, because it might as well be flashing under the plain white paper - you can see it a mile away through the paper itself. Having a design on the paper would help hide it, but not perfectly.

Magazine clips really did not suit my style. Logically it made no sense, and the size problem would still exist. The same can be said for full-size Lottery tickets but at least the plot makes sense with them.

Other than making this up with US dollars and emigrating to America, what are the other options for UK performers of this effect?

Steve

P.S: I purchased the rubber cement of eBay (we don't sell it in Europe).

P.S.S.: Most printers won't allow us to print our own money and the few very old printers that do, have a serious colour difference and quality between the real notes. So re-sizing doesn't really work either.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
862 Posts

Profile of boydy
I do magazines to £10 no problems. Just get crisp notes as they fold smaller when crisp.
adamz
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of adamz
£20 to and from Euro million lottery tickets. They're pink and larger. Slim up the £20's with a scalpel, no-one notices and you can still use them afterwards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn - UK Money (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL