The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Magic Method (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
Hello everyone, I've been trying to get ahold of someone at the magic method online but have yet to hear a response. I sent an email to Mr. Mentzer's earthlink address on Sunday and haven't heard back from him, I've also been trying to call the number on his website for the last 2 hours but keep getting a busy signal. if anyone can help me out and giving me a way to contact Jerry I would really appreciate it.

I just want to ask 2 questions about the Mullica wallet that he is selling on his site so if someone here can answer them that would be even better. First what are the dimensions of the wallet? I would like to carry the wallet in my back pocket and wan to know how much the wallet would stick out of jeans or slacks. Secondly I want to know if the wallet they sell is the same as the one on Mullica's site with all the credit card slots.

http://www.skeltontribute.com/wallet.jpg

-Abe
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Why don't you just buy the wallet from Tom Mullica directly?
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
Because when I go to Tom Mullica's site he links over to the Magic Method website... right next to the description of the wallet it says "$59.50 AVAILABLE DIRECTLY FROM MAGIC METHODS: Click Here To Order" so I assumed that the magic method is the only place to get an official Mullica wallet.

-Abe
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
I guess patience is a virtue, had I waited one more day I would have recieved the email from Mr. Mentzer and gotten my response. took a bit longer than I thought, but he did reply..

if a mod sees this could you delete this thread. thank you.

-Abe
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
wsduncan
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
3619 Posts

Profile of wsduncan
The Poker sized card in the picture is a clue. Eugene Burger used to carry his in hia hip pocket. It would stick out of jeans.

Tony Miller has a hip pocket Mullica which is an authorized version of the original, with a zipper on the inner wallet.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Steve Draun's wallet is the one you may be interested in check out his web site
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
k13pt0maniac
View Profile
New user
Brownsville, Texas
95 Posts

Profile of k13pt0maniac
@ wsduncan: I know about the hip pocket Mullica but I don't really like it.. seems small.

@ vinsmagic: I've bought a wallet similar to that in the past and wasnt happy with it. I had a Wayne Dobson Card to Hip Wallet but the stud that keeps the window area closed would embed into the window and look pretty bad.. then the plastic window became unglued and moves around. and the loading area would over lap so when I extract the card sometime I couldn't get to the card.

I've been wanting a Mullica Wallet for a couple of years now, so I'm gonna be going for that instead. in Mr. Mentzers email he said the demensions of the wallet were 7inches tall and 3&7/8 inches wide, which in my back pockets only a stick out about 1/4 of an inche.

-Abe
-Abe a.k.a. C3rb3rus
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
There is a magician in France who got a twin wallet manufactured (in Marocco) which is made of two wallets looking exactly the same which cover exactly all the existing wallet techniques created to this day (including Tom Mullica's one, Himber, Mendoza, Kaps...). I've seen a set and they have a very classy look. If you are interested I could research his name.
Also Mayette in France is producing a Duvivier wallet which is a pants back pocket wallet with a unique gimmick invented by Michael Weber.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Callisto
View Profile
New user
France
66 Posts

Profile of Callisto
I think you refer to the new wallet from Francis Tabary... ?
You can find a description here :
http://www.virtualmagie.com/ubbthreads/u......207180/1
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Yes that's the one.
Really nice. I'm not surprised that Fancis Tabary, a former FISM winner, came out with this.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Perhaps you could post a link for purchase for those of us who are illiterate in French?
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Callisto
View Profile
New user
France
66 Posts

Profile of Callisto
You have to contact him directly : http://www.francistabary.fr/
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I've known Jerry Mentzer for many years. He used to be at every magic convention I attended. He's a great guy, and he's also a great magic dealer and magician.

The Mullica wallet I bought from Jerry years ago is still one of the best card to wallets I've ever purchased. If the quality is still the same, you can't go wrong by buying this. The leather is very supple and the wallet will last a lifetime.

Robert
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
Quote:
On 2009-07-05 18:04, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Perhaps you could post a link for purchase for those of us who are illiterate in French?

I plugged it into google translate and got this: translate.google.com

Hope it works.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Magic Method (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL